Government to scrap visa's for overseas VN and foreign spouse/kids

Will be interesting to see if this proposal actually gets implemented.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/29520/vie … gn-spouses

Some other nationals may also now enter VN without a visa for 15 days. That isn't any use to married, long term residents like me who have been here for 13 years.  Where are the full details of this proposal?

Hmm.. Let's wait and see  :)

Ottvantor wrote:

Great news for Viet Kieu.
Fantastic.

Please share with your Vietnamese and Viet Kieu friends .
" foreign spouse/kids" pertains only to those of Vietnamese origin.(please read the whole news report)

Your post isn't relevant here.

#4 - I have read the whole report and disagree with you.

The foreign wife, husband or children of Vietnamese ...
UNQUOTE

My daughter and I are foreign child and husband of a Vietnamese woman, so the proposal would appear to relate to our situation and to that of many other foreign spouses and children in Vietnam. The proposal is relevant, as is my post.

ralphnhatrang wrote:

Some other nationals may also now enter VN without a visa for 15 days. That isn't any use to married, long term residents like me who have been here for 13 years.  Where are the full details of this proposal?

Hi Ralph,

I will keep an eye out for the details and share once I have found it. Cheers.

jimbream wrote:
Ottvantor wrote:

Great news for Viet Kieu.
Fantastic.

Please share with your Vietnamese and Viet Kieu friends .
" foreign spouse/kids" pertains only to those of Vietnamese origin.(please read the whole news report)

Your post isn't relevant here.

Whaaaaaa? of course it's relevant here and categorized under "visa's". You may have mis-read the article. And this forum is very relevant for VN and their foreign born children who may be contemplating a return and not only non-VN living here IMHO.

So they scrap the Visa Exemption certificate and now contemplating making it visa free? How will they get their tea money? Something is missing it can't be this good to be true.

Ottvantor wrote:

" The foreign wife, husband or children of Vietnamese who reside in other countries, or of Vietnamese nationals who live in Vietnam, will also be eligible for the visa waiver, the deputy premier said."
We will still need to have a Visa to reside in VN????  This is only talking about returning to VN, there has to be more to this. But if you are married to a VN and reside in VN, you are already entitled to a 3 yr TRC. ( after obtaining a 12 month TT Visa ).
⦁    TT visa is issued to a foreigner who is spouse or under 18-year old child of a foreigner who has been granted LV1/ LV2/ ĐT/ NN1/ NN2/ DH/ PV1/ LĐ visa  or to a foreigner who is father/mother, spouse or child of a Vietnamese citizen.

Accordingly, foreigners issued TT visa (including: foreigners are parents, spouse, and children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, UNIVERSITY, PV1, LĐ visas, or foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens) are considering issuing Vietnam Temporary Residence Card. This article is expanded for foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens.

3. The duration of a NN1, NN2, TT temporary residence card shall not exceed 03 years.

The article was dated 30/7/15,  so has anything happened yet?

bluenz wrote:
Ottvantor wrote:

" The foreign wife, husband or children of Vietnamese who reside in other countries, or of Vietnamese nationals who live in Vietnam, will also be eligible for the visa waiver, the deputy premier said."
We will still need to have a Visa to reside in VN????  This is only talking about returning to VN, there has to be more to this. But if you are married to a VN and reside in VN, you are already entitled to a 3 yr TRC. ( after obtaining a 12 month TT Visa ).
⦁    TT visa is issued to a foreigner who is spouse or under 18-year old child of a foreigner who has been granted LV1/ LV2/ ĐT/ NN1/ NN2/ DH/ PV1/ LĐ visa  or to a foreigner who is father/mother, spouse or child of a Vietnamese citizen.

Accordingly, foreigners issued TT visa (including: foreigners are parents, spouse, and children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, UNIVERSITY, PV1, LĐ visas, or foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens) are considering issuing Vietnam Temporary Residence Card. This article is expanded for foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens.

3. The duration of a NN1, NN2, TT temporary residence card shall not exceed 03 years.

The way I read the quote you have pasted is that you will be eligible for the same visa waiver. The article used the words "scrap visa" so I interpret that as meaning those eligible won,t need one, but we,ll have to wait until something actually happens to see one way or the other. Until then it,s all just conjecture.

cabraman wrote:
bluenz wrote:
Ottvantor wrote:

The way I read the quote you have pasted is that you will be eligible for the same visa waiver. The article used the words "scrap visa" so I interpret that as meaning those eligible won,t need one, but we,ll have to wait until something actually happens to see one way or the other. Until then it,s all just conjecture.

The problem with this website, is having so many threads on similar articles, and people not reading other threads, ( or posting info/asking questions on threads that are not relevant to that actual thread, i.e, VN Citizen questions on a VEC thread, or some wanker talking about Temp PERMITS, and saying no Visa is needed at all to come to VN ), I'm sick of replying/repeating the same answers, makes you actually wonder why they have a search engine at the top of the page????
The above TT info etc, especially re 3 yr TRC, was under consideration in 2014, but since has been " confirmed " on another webpage, recently our resident expert, Van Ko, she set a few enquiries straight on a few issues, ( re work permits, etc, which ultimately involve Temporary Residence CARDS, etc ), with proper translations, ( not the bodgy ones we get.) but once again these are now under many threads with different names.
But as you said, like most things involving new " rules " here, it's a wait and see game, ( wait until someone actually has done/tried it ).