How to send funds to philippines avoiding bank fees

Hi guys, if you send funds to philippines ou should check out transferwise, unlike banks they offer the real exchange rate and the fee is only 0.7%  and if you sign up through this transferwise.com/u/59ee9 (copy paste it) first transfer up to 4000 eur is free! I am using since march and i managed to save much.. it will probably help you too.. cheers

Marco lampi wrote:

Hi guys, if you send funds to philippines ou should check out transferwise, unlike banks they offer the real exchange rate and the fee is only 0.7%  and if you sign up through this transferwise.com/u/59ee9 (copy paste it) first transfer up to 4000 eur is free! I am using since march and i managed to save much.. it will probably help you too.. cheers

As the Philippines is not one of www.transferwise.com full send & receive countries the fee is actually 1% (minimum 145php, A$4.50) according to https://transferwise.com/support/custom … -transfers

Also most Philippine Banks will charge 200 pesos for incoming transfers

I compared my normal transfer method to the Philippines this morning, with transferwise.

Transfer sum: A$10,000

Peso to be received:
329,356 my normal transfer service
329,728 using Transferwise

Saving 372 pesos out of 329,000 pesos = 0.001%

They say "You'll save A$ 264.50 vs your bank".
I'd still save $10 but its not as big a saving as we might first think

And that is assuming the Transferwise rate is fixed, which I have read may change.

Transferwise  state: "You get the real exchange rate 33.3206", but a $99.01 fee
My one quotes a lower rate but without fees, and comes very close