Seeking new adventure. Suggestions most welcome:)

I am seriously considering moving to a brand new place, and this has been the case for years.  I have lived in the same place all of my life and every time I travel I think about new adventures I could have. I have no obligations or long term plans where I am currently living, so I'm not afraid to try something new. The only problem is I don't want to plump up my post secondary education just to do so. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money. I'm looking for a more simplistic lifestyle with an income I can comfortably live on. Any suggestions on how to get that would be greatly appreciated.

You don't mention where you are living and the most important thing is that you need to do serious extensive research on finding a place to live.  When you do this research you will discover you aren't going to make much $$$ in Mexico so it's questionable if you will be able to support yourself here.  That all comes with doing good research BEFORE you make a move.

Well you can live in Mexico with less money. It depends on how much you want to do yourself for your news life style. 
Since work can be a problem without proper papers have a lot saved to do this.  .

Teach English, activity coordinator for tourist resort .... or get hired by an International company that has offices in Mexico.  You have to have that settled before you make the final move

>>>>> extensive research on finding a place to live

You'll find where to live by being here ... not doing research ..... or a job may dictate where

Much easier to retire in Mexico than come here to work.   Come for a visit !!

Expats forget that Mexico as many Latin countries has very low wages and there is qualifying for the work visa as well.  That is why most expats who live here are retired or enough money to live without working.  Those who still have to work usually live at one of the U.S. border cities and cross the border to work in the U.S. due to low Mexican wages.  This is where doing a lot of research is useful as you realize you might not be able to sustain your life in Mexico unless you are in one of the above catregories.