Rent a flat and nearest int'l school to Bahrain Teachers College

Hello,
Thank you all  for the very rich info you provide on this forum. Much appreciated!

I am moving to Bahrain end of August to work for BTC. I need your suggestion(s) for the nearest best place near the college to rent and the nearst international schools that offer British curriculum. Thanks in advance.

Hi Haloola

The nearest International Schools to Bahrain Teachers College are:
1) Riffa Views International School
2) Shaikha Hessa Girls School

You can rent a villa at Riffa Views. Its a 10 minutes drive from Riffa Views to the University of Bahrain (UoB). You can also think of living in Hamad Town or Zallaq - both areas are close to the UoB.

There are more schools and accommodation in Isa Town, which is about 15 minutes away from the UoB.

Hope this answers your questions. Let us know if you have more questions.

PS: Will the UoB not provide you staff accommodation? I think they do provide.

Thank you, Farhaz, for your reply.I think they stopped it, or maybe not for newly joined staff. They offer 600 for rent. Also,  I contacted several schools and was amazed of how expensive the fees are. Only three of them responded to my emails. Anyway, I hope it will be a smooth transition. I will for sure ask you many questions! Thank you again. You all are doing a fantabulous job!

Hi Farhaz
I moved to Bahrain two days ago. Someone told me it's difficult to get fully furnished flats in the area you suggested above. Is this true? About tbe question of BU staff acvomodation, I came to know  that Bahrain Teachers College has different policy for acvomofation. They give you money for rent.

Hi,

its not entirely true, you may have to search a bit. The best thing to do is go through the classifieds section of the daily news paper and ask around with your colleagues who could give you more info.

T&R

Hi logicalindian.  Can I ask you a favour? I remember I read something about a driver who has been suggested by more than one..whose price is reasonable.  Can you refer me to the link to this thread, please?  I have searched for an hour and couldn't locate it. Anyone around to extend a helping hand?

Hi,

not sure if i could locate that post anyways now that you have created a new topic, hopefully you will have some positive news

good luck

T&R