Shifting to Bahrain

Hello people!!!!

I am shifting to Bahrain next month for my job along with my wife.

Are there any markets in Bahrain were in  you can get cheap household items or is it better to get your existing stuff and pay excess baggage at the airport.

Which would be a cheaper option. We are very confused. By household items I mean the utensils and containers used in kitchen.

Hi Alok,

I would advise you to buy your kitchen utensils here. No use bringing used stuff from home, especially if you have to pay for excess luggage.

You can buy most things here, and prices are quite reasonable. Only things you may need to bring are utensils that are culture specific - like "iddi appam" makers - but even those you may find here if you search hard enough.

Good luck with your move. Let us know if you have questions and need advise on your move.

Hi faraz ,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I agree with Farhaz here - dont pay excess baggage to bring things from your country. There are quite a few malls here and supermarkets here have a wide range of Kitchen utensils. Depending on where you will live (the area) there are supermarkets within easy reach. Bahrain is a small place and so going to places is failry quick.

The souk also has alot of kitchen utensils for sale and a wide variety of items. So if you are looking for household items, you will find them here. Now at this time of the year its quite hot and humid that makes walking around somewhat unconfortable. However the temperature starts dropping in mid septemper so the evenings become pleasant to be outdoors.

When you relocate here, will you be driving aound? if so you will have many options to look for things not just kitchen utensils. Many cheap places here.

Good luck :top:

Some fully furnished places will provide utensils, plates etc so you wouldn't need to bring a thing. What you need you can most certainly find here no problems

Thanks Mr Chaudari and Jazzy.

Any idea if I can drive in Bahrain with International license issued from India.

Many thanks,

Actually I've found a lot of joy with second hand goods from Facebook pages like mums in Bahrain and buy it sell it swap it Bahrain.

Im not a Mr !!!! why does everyone think I'm a man???  :/:sosad:

Alok lalwani wrote:

Thanks Mr Chaudari and Jazzy.

Any idea if I can drive in Bahrain with International license issued from India.

Many thanks,

As long as you have your license (must be valid) and an International driving permit you can drive for as long as the international permit is valid for (usually one year) after that you will either need to get another international permit or get a local license.

On an Indian license you may have to sit the whole test here .....some countries are eligible to have their licenses converted with no test required, I doubt India would be one of them....you can do a search and check or I am sure someone will let you know