Gyms and Supplements Ho Chi Minh City around D7 or D1

Hi all,

I am aware that you can buy quality protein at the Cresent in D7, next to the supermarket and that there are many gyms in those areas, but they all seem to charge a lot of money for memberships compared to back in Australia. Can anyone recommend a gym around D7 or D1 that doesn't charge a fortune for a membership. I don't mind training at a local gym as long as they have all the right equipment to do a proper work out on each muscle group.

Thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Depending on where you are living, you may consider other options:

- California Wow Center in D1, D4, D5: please substantially bargain for the membership fee, no matter how much they offer you, my friend got the membership with 12mil VND for 15-18 months

- Get Fit in D4: around 6mil to 8mil VND a year

- Hatha Fitness in D4: around 6mil to 8mil VND a year

- Gym center in the Manor: residents of the building pay US$50/ month

- Small gym center on Nguyen Khac Nhu street, D1: around 350,000 VND/ month

Good luck
Nguyet (Moon)

Hi,this is Mari,Im Japanese.have you been to the jym in The Manor 1?it's Dist Binh Tanh,but very close to Le Tanh Ton st.

I'm not sure about membership,but I was living  in The Manor2  before and tried 3days trial of the jym.

U can try to go there if you have time.

Thanks Regards,
Mari

The Manor is really great, knowledgeable PTs and not the ones forcing some cardio/weight loss regime down your throat. I think you can just google it and the fees are all displayed on the website. Very reasonable price and comparable to California Fitness. I don't recommend Cali Fitness unless you are looking to work out on your own, even then PTs approach looking for clients while you're in the middle of a set, which imo is potentially dangerous if you're concentrating and lose focus.

There is a local gym studio on Lane #152  of Ung  Van Khiem Street, district Binh Thanh, very close to Saigon Brigde (Cau Saigon). This is a small local one, name VO LIEM.
Tip to search on google maps, type:  Hem 152 Ung Van Khiem. The gym studio is 50m away from the police station ward 25 (cong an phuong 25), which u can also see on google maps.
i'm not sure if their equipment fit you or not, but the price is reasonable that i'm sure.

BR

hey, coming to HCMC soon as well and will need good place for gym + supplements
let me know if u find any good ones!
Cheers

Hey

There are supplements at The Crescent Mall (D7) downstairs that are decently priced and good quality. As for a gym fit 24 in D7 is good, but just expensive compared to Australia. About 450AUD for 6 months and around 600AUD for one year. For that reason, I am looking for a cheaper gym that has the equipment needed.

It seems that walking in Saigon for a few minutes you're already sweating a lot.  Do we really need to join the gym?  Save your money and enjoy the food.

danieloreilly wrote:

Hi all,

I am aware that you can buy quality protein at the Cresent in D7, next to the supermarket and that there are many gyms in those areas, but they all seem to charge a lot of money for memberships compared to back in Australia. Can anyone recommend a gym around D7 or D1 that doesn't charge a fortune for a membership. I don't mind training at a local gym as long as they have all the right equipment to do a proper work out on each muscle group.

Thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You should try California Fitness and Yoga cfyc.com.vn/. They have tailored programmes and personal trainers as well.

Hope you have great time in Saigon. :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed on the forum

Mach's Gym, Huyen Tran Cong Chua, D1.

I paid almost 300 dollars for 6month on California fitness at Vivo city (phu my hung)I think average tuition?fee?? among gyms here is slightly over 50dollars for a month.
This g ym is brand new one and very clean.

You can check for the Cali Fitness at 7 Nguyen Tat Thanh street, district 1. And, if you stay at District 7, they have one at Vivo City.

Hi Daniel,
Come to Hoa Lu Club, Dinh Tien Hoang, D1
They charge per hour , day, month