Is there is a club of Salsa puerto rican around in Ha Noi ?

Could someone advise if there is a club of Salsa puerto rican around in Ha Noi? I had taken courses in Paris years ago and would love to learn again in Ha Noi. Just come back. kizumba is ok but I dont like Batacha at all

Hi ladygoby,

Welcome on board :)

A new topic was created as from your post on the Hanoi Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Yes, because i am in Ha Noi now

Hi ladygoby, u can check out this place ++++
Hope that helps, cheers 😃

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : use the private message for external link pls

Sorry, tried to edit but couldnt so have to put in new post. The name of the place is Beso Latino Dance Studio, 5th floor, Mayfair Building, 20 Hang Tre Str,

I have asked the dancer, teacher there, Sao Mai, she teachs LA salsa. not as sexy as Puerto rican one. Salsa Puerto Rican is Salsa in line. I am asking 2 other centers in Ha Noi and they told me that I may not find any Salsa in line in Viet Nam. Sad for me. Maybe need to go back to Paris.

Hi there,

I thought Puerto Rican and LA are very similar as they are slot dance and start on1? As for sexiness factor isn't that dependent on your styling? Just asking, do please share more information as I do not know much about Puerto Rican.

please look on youtube about 20 salsa puerto rican figures, you can see the different. Puerto rican salsa, has the music is more attractive to me. And I found is more elegant, sexy. I love it so much. Everywhere in Paris or Basel- Switzerland, they dance Puerto rican salsa. People said it's a high level of Salsa dancer. Cuban Salsa or LA is just for fun mostly. I don't find it attractive. Anyway it is subjective. It's my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSDYbl0I5NI
you mean this? the moves are all same as LA.
not sure what you're talking about but good luck finding what you're looking for

well. the moves of Salsa basic is the same. But the figure may not. Salsa puerto rican just move straight, in 1 line from front to back. Not to the side, not left and right step. Thank you . I'm still searching. Maybe I can try Sfire Salsa. Or back to Basel.

Urm, I've taken LA salsa classes for 1 year before deciding Cuban and Afrocuban as my passion. But as far as I remember, LA is slot dancing (meaning dance in 1 line), I don't really remember any side steps at all.

My suggestion is why not just try one salsa club and see if you find anyone suitable. If not, then yeah maybe you will have to stick to the places you go in Europe.

.. and just sharing about Cuban, it can be low level and basic, but higher level Cuban Salsa needs very deep knowledge about traditional afro cuban roots, listening to the music and deciding the right steps/movements according to the musical genre and lyrics and also deciding on the style of Orishas. But everyone has their own perception and preferences of course :)

LA, which I do not prefer, also needs high level of technicality for the acrobatic moves and spins. As far as I understood talking to people before, LA and Puerto Rican are the same. But since you are the one dancing it, for sure you know more. Hope you find a suitable place in Hanoi.