Information about malta wanted

Hi I am new to the forum so please bear with me.

My husband is getting made redundant later this year and we were thinking of going to Malta for possibly 3 months early next year until we decided what to do.
We would like a month in buggibba a month in Gozo  a month in marsascala  or somewhere in that area.

We have been twice on holiday in Buggibba and enjoyed it.

I've had a look on various property websites to rent and wondered what a typical monthly utility bill would be per month?  I've also noticed on your website there is two tariffs how do you make sure that they put you on the cheaper one?

Also if we decided to stay and look for jobs how many hours a week do you have to work to get a NI number to qualify for free health care?

My husband is a security guard, would they be any jobs do you think?

Thanks for any help and tips

Cath

If you are renting monthly you will only get holiday rentals and they will normaly include utilitys.
If you decide to stay you can register for work and apply for a EID.
Details on the requirements for this and how long before you can get healthcare etc can be found by looking on previous posts, under topics, top right of this page.
Or look at the stickies at the top of the page.

Terry

The security guard at Lidl in Qormi is English so I guess some hope for a job

Thanks for your replies which will come in handy.
This forum has been helpful and I have learn't a lot through it.
Can anyone recommend any good websites for renting property or do you recommend booking through a holiday company for a month at a time such as On The Beach?

Hi Cath, you could try homeaway.co.uk for short term rent.

Airbnb or TripAdvisor would be good for this type of letting

Where is this "buggibba" you talk of? Is it near Bugibba ?

SunshineLover2011 wrote:

Where is this "buggibba" you talk of? Is it near Bugibba ?

we don't need the grammar police thank you

You didn't use a full stop. ;)

Thanks for all your replies sorry too many gggggggggS