Fiance and Family migration visa questions

Hi All:

Im from Colombia, and my Fiance live in Norway, we are looking to meet personaly, i will go there and they we have plans to be eventualy there together,im a single mother.
I understand i have to apply for a Fiance permit, before getting married, there´s so much information on internet that is not been updated that we are a bit confuce about what exactly we need to do...if i get a regular visa for 3 months, during this time can i apply for the fiance permit? and if i do, do i have to return to my country or can i stay and wait for the visa?
Also if i get married during those 6 months of the fiance permit, then when i apply for the Family migration visa, can i have my child peperwork to have him with us asap?
Have someone had a case like this?

Thanks

Any comments are apreaciated

based on udi.no, since you haven't lived together before and since you are thinking of coming first on a student visa, you cannot apply for the fiance permit from Norway

http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/fami … &c=col

Hello:

Thank you for you reply, we will meet in november, i will go to norway with a tourist visa first coz we have to meet before and have probe that we know each other, im not applying for an student visa..after that happend is when we want to apply for a fiance visa and eventualy to the famili imigration prosses, there is when is worry about my son..

hi this is exactly what we did, i came here to Norway on tourist visa when he proposed we decided to try if we can apply here without me needing to go home to my country.
so we gathered all the papers and got at sched at the politi via application portal. when it was our appointment day this is what happened:

officer- (saw my tourist visa) you know they can reject this once they see ur just on tourist visa, are u aware of that?

me & fiancé- yes.

officer- but if you are a skilled worker and have ur requirements as proof that u are a skilled worker you can apply.

so we handed all my requirements. the. we asked if i can stay here to wait for the result even if my visa expires she said there is no problem with that, she just said that there might just be some explaining needed at airports if the application is not approved so we made sure to always keep the DUF/ case processing number all the time so its ready when someone asks :) my visa expires at July 13 but i will be staying until the result and we hope its a good one ^_^. i hope this helps you.

stephy25 wrote:

we asked if i can stay here to wait for the result even if my visa expires she said there is no problem with that, she just said that there might just be some explaining needed at airports if the application is not approved so we made sure to always keep the DUF/ case processing number all the time so its ready when someone asks :) my visa expires at July 13 but i will be staying until the result and we hope its a good one ^_^. i hope this helps you.

I know someone who was waiting on family immigration and when she tried to get back into Norway from the US with her six-month old baby, they were going to deny her entry. Her Norwegian husband had to be very persuasive with UDI to let her through. Most advice I've heard about the wait time is, if you leave the country there is NO guarantee you can get back in while the application is still pending, especially if your first point of entry into Schengen is not Norway.

yeah that's why i wont be exiting until the result and we asked that to the officer so we have something to say when we get questioned and i always have the DUF number ready in any case i need to present it. i do hope we get a good result even if it would take a while we are patiently waiting :)

Hi Stephy25, im Yeni!  I was surfing the web looking for similar cases to mine and i found your posts in this blog so i decided to register and be able to ask you for info/tips :)

My boyfriend is Norwegian too and we recently got engaged.  This is the second time I come to his country and before entering we decided we wanted to live together here.  So since i came we have been investigating the different processes in many, many offices (everytime some confusing information), but only 1 day before my legal 90 days as a tourist expired, we recieved the propper help in the police station from a very lovely woman, (we couldnt be thankful enough with her!) and we ended applying for the fiance permit.

Now, as you guys, we are waiting for that response... We asked her about the time it could take for the decision and she said it has no particular time and that it can take even up to 9 months to decide if the permit will be granted or not.  But she couldnt answer us about what you talk about, going out of the country, she did mention to always carry the Ref number for the Application with us just in case as you said.

The main reason why i am searching for more information is that we were told that during that time i am unable to have a job and now we wonder if there is a way to be productive during all this time waiting for that answer.  Thats why i wanted to write you and ask if you know something about that since its gonna be very hard to stay at home doing nothing while they take a decision.

So please if you know something about this or other info you might have, ill be very glad to hear from you!  And of course if theres any info i can share with you, just let me know too.  In any case, its nice to know there are more couples having this same experience (you dont feel that alone)!!

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo.
vivo con mi novio aqui,  tengo un año tratando de tener una visa y ha sido dificil! :(

@alejandra

you have no result yet? or did you get denied?

@ Alejandra29 > Please post in english only on this english speaking forum. It will help everybody to understand. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla

did you apply for fiancé permit Alejandra? we just applied for it some days ago! please tell us your experience (cuéntanos porfa!)

Alejandra29 wrote:

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo.
vivo con mi novio aqui,  tengo un año tratando de tener una visa y ha sido dificil! :(

ENGLISH please.

Si estoy tratando aplicar por concubinato, pero no es facil por que mi novio no es residente en Noruega :(
Bueno ni modo,estoy intentando por pedir una de estudiante sera.
vamos a ver como me va!

Alejandra29 wrote:

Si estoy tratando aplicar por concubinato, pero no es facil por que mi novio no es residente en Noruega :(
Bueno ni modo,estoy intentando por pedir una de estudiante sera.
vamos a ver como me va!

Please post in ENGLISH. The administrators may have something to say if you persist.

(moderated: please post in english only here)

Hi all,

My fiancée and I plan on getting married this summer. I'm Kenyan and he's Norwegian and I'll be going to Norway to get married. I'm just wondering if as a Kenyan citizen i can apply for the fiancé permit while I'm in Norway on a tourist visa, then get married and thereafter change the fiancé permit to a family reunification visa and stay in Norway while awaiting the response from UDI?

Also I know that as a skilled worker I would be allowed to work while on a fiancé permit, but can I also work while I am awaiting the response for a family reunification visa?

Thanks so much in advance for any help and/or advice you can offer.

hi,

based on my experience and for some who has followed the same procedure as I did yes it is possible to change from tourist visa to fiance permit more so if you want it quicker you can get married while on your tourist visa then apply for family reunification before your tourist visa expires especially I see that you have qualification as a skilled worker.

Also you can see it on udi when you try their website they seem to allow it here is an example:

UDI sample- skilled worker as alternative

because when you select that you don't have an alternative as a skilled worker they tell you directly that you can't apply here:

UDI sample- no alternative

Regarding your question about working the answer is NO we are not allowed to work we just have a legal stay for the reason that we have a pending application so the rules that you will have to follow while waiting for a result that may take 9-12 months are to not work and not travel outside of Norway while you don't have your visa result yet.

i hope this helps :) i will try to respond with future questions to the best of my knowledge :) but take note the info's i'm sharing is mostly general and based from experience and what I read  in the UDI page. I don't claim to have 100% assurance of anyone's expected outcome.

i dont know if its possible,,u can try,,some girls got married on a tourist visa and were sent back home to wait for the fiancee permit to be processed,,with a fiancee permit you are allowed to work,,biggest challenge is the language,,some of us here have waited for like 10 months for our family visas n still waiting the waiting times are crazy,,all the best though

Hey Stephy,

Thanks for responding. Your first link was about being a skilled worker and having legal stay in Norway...I would assume that my tourist visa would be sufficient?

the legal stay they are pertaining could be resident permit,working student, other permits and so yes  tourist visa is also a proof of legal stay that why it is applicable.

I am still here in Norway 7th month of waiting for my family reunification result,

-I came here last year on April 16,2014 on a tourist visa, we applied for fiance permit while i'm on tourist,

-while waiting for the fiance permit even if my tourist visa is already expired i am still allowed to stay here we even got married November 21st even without the visa result yet we justa asked udi to send us a letter as proof of my legal stay and that they are allowing me to get married,

November 25 or 26 we submitted a scanned copy of our marriage cert to udi and changed the application from fiance to family reuni without adding any payments.

I am a skilled worker that is why at the politi during my application from tourist to fiance they took copies of my school transcripts and professional documents.

It may always differ from case to case especially our countries have different relationship with Norway but I dont ser anything special with what i did i just followed what i read and now sharing what i did and that it's possible :)

How to apply family reunification here in Norway? What are the documents needed? Is there any fee? Is it a walk in or we have to book an appointment before handling the documents? Thanks for the info.

hi sol,

the requirements are just what the udi website said which is stated here:

Family reunification Spouse

to make sure you are qualified to apply from Norway without needing to go home check what applies to you here

alternative option-UDI

Application still has to go through scheduling in the portal and there is still a payment. :)

This is based on my experience so if in the event that this isn't applicable to your case I apologize in advance

Is there anyone who have apply for family reunification after having a fiancé permit in Norway? How much did you pay? Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot steph.

sol368 wrote:

Is there anyone who have apply for family reunification after having a fiancé permit in Norway? How much did you pay? Thanks a lot.

Hi.. My first visa is fiance. After the marriage i apply for family reunification and we pay 3200kr at the aplication portal and have a apointment at politi. And i just got the result todau exactly 2weaks since i apply.. Good luck..

Hi sweetlhyz, thanks a lot for the info. By the way, did you include some pics in order to strengthen the processing time? I am also bisaya too, as I have read in your profile. Have a great day.

sol368 wrote:

Hi sweetlhyz, thanks a lot for the info. By the way, did you include some pics in order to strengthen the processing time? I am also bisaya too, as I have read in your profile. Have a great day.

No. Problem :)
Pictures is no need its not one of the requirment and they will not ask for it whn u apply. Just bring the papers from the church and other doc. Such as passport tem. Residince card when you have. And other doc. From your hubby.

Yeah. Im visaya. From Cebu.;) you can pm me here when you want.

Hei alle sammen!
I am a widow. I was once married to a Norwegian man in Norway, applied for residence permit(2013). We went back to Philippines a week or 2 after typhoon Haiyan. My husband stayed here for 4 months and  back to Norway. We were waiting for my residence permit to be approved. Unfortunately, he died(2014). Then, I travelled to Norway. I received a mail from UDI that the residence permit we applied for was rejected. I cannot stay in Norway any longer. I also received a letter from Politi that going out of Norway while the residence permit is processing sn't allowed but we already did which was a mistake. Now, is there a chance that I can go back to Norway?  For example, if I work as Au pair or teacher?? I don't have children and our marriage is not registered in Philippines. Will those records from UDI and POLITI
Affects my working visa then??? (because the mistake we did has its consequences)  Anybody here who knows how the system works in Norway or been in the same situation or have ideas, please feel free to share. Tusen takk in advance!

Cognac

I think if you want to return to Norway like you mentioned your option is to get:

1. Au pair visa- Norway embassy Philippines - keep in mind you should be 18-30 years old and need to have a host family which you can search online or throughthe help of your friends in Norway.

2. Work Permit- Norway embassy Philippines - in which you still need to have an employer and a concrete job offer

Regarding your concern about your previous application affecting your future application, it is important that you know the reason why it was rejected to be able to asses its impact on future application. Because if the reason was about things that doesn't entail negative actions,behavior,activities or other illegal matters from you i don't see  any problem when you apply in the future. And you can apply just like everybody else.

About your marriage and being a widow i suggest you do more researches about some law and proper registration about being a widow in norway. Because even if it is not registered in the Philippines keep in mind that you are planning to apply to Norway which means when you apply the embassy in the Philippines will be able to see previous applications,visa that we had and other information about some things that we did in Norway like you handling application for residence permit gave them the ability to receive your files which include marriage cert in Norway showing that you were married.

Best of luck and i hope somehow this help. If not i do hope someone here might be able to help you :)

Stephy25,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This one helps, I'll try what you've ha suggested to do research about law and proper registration about being widow in Norway. If you have some ideas about this, please let me know. :)
Have a nice weekend!

hi vanhallenpf.

seeing as u started this thread a long time ago,  i dunno if this will still matter.. but for the benefit of others in forum on the same situation as us,  i will share this anyways..

you can actually apply for a family reunification visa together with your child.  this means u can both move to norway at the same time. however, for this to happen, the visa u would apply should form the basis of a permanent residence permit. since ur child is not related to ur norwegian fiancé (i assume), u as the biological parent will be his/her reference person in the child's application.. so ur visa should be a type of permit that forms the basis of a permanent residence permit.. fiancée visa is a residence permit,  unfortunately, it doesn't form a basis for permanent residence permit.. if u have fiancée permit, i believe u can only start the application process for your child when u had been granted a residence permit with spouse (after marriage) since this is a kind of permit which allows u to immigrate an immediate family member... this is how i understand the process (based on my inquiry to the embassy), u can always confirm this information with the embassy..

for my case,  i got married in norway,  went back home to my country,  secured a travel consent from my kid's biological father, then applied for a family reunification (with spouse) permit together with my kid.. our application wil be processed together.. in the UDI application portal, i am the reference person for my kid's application..

Additional info for cognac,

You may want to check this linkGuidelines for processing an application for a residence permit on an independent basis by the sponsor's death or after divorce - Immigration Act § 53 subsections

stephy25 wrote:

the legal stay they are pertaining could be resident permit,working student, other permits and so yes  tourist visa is also a proof of legal stay that why it is applicable.

I am still here in Norway 7th month of waiting for my family reunification result,

-I came here last year on April 16,2014 on a tourist visa, we applied for fiance permit while i'm on tourist,

-while waiting for the fiance permit even if my tourist visa is already expired i am still allowed to stay here we even got married November 21st even without the visa result yet we justa asked udi to send us a letter as proof of my legal stay and that they are allowing me to get married,

November 25 or 26 we submitted a scanned copy of our marriage cert to udi and changed the application from fiance to family reuni without adding any payments.

I am a skilled worker that is why at the politi during my application from tourist to fiance they took copies of my school transcripts and professional documents.

It may always differ from case to case especially our countries have different relationship with Norway but I dont ser anything special with what i did i just followed what i read and now sharing what i did and that it's possible :)

Hi stephy25,

what is the qualification of a skilled worker. I am vocational graduate and dressmaker here in the Philippines. Is that okay?

I will go back to Norway as a tourist this October and we will try what you did.

Thanks

Hi mitz
This is their definition UDI Definition-Skilled Worker

hi mitz.

just to add,  as far as i know,  highschool graduates in the Philippines is equivalent to Norway's Lower secondary school (Ungdomsskole, Grades 8-10, ages 13-16)..
a vocational course u finished in the Philippines is equivalent to Norway's Upper secondary school (Videregående skole, Grades VG1-VG3, ages 16-19) .. however,  upper secondary school in Norway is 2 yrs of vocational studies plus 1year of apprenticeship (like an OJT)... quoting the link stephy  provided from UDI.no:

.... a completed vocational training programme of at least three years at upper secondary school level, for example as a joiner or health worker. There must be a corresponding vocational training programme in Norway....

i believe dressmaking has a corresponding VG program in norway.. however, it is stated there that it should be a 3-year program (equivalent to Norway's VG1, VG2 and VG3), where the 3rd year is like our version of OJT.. i think vocational studies from our country usually are just 6-12 months (???)... not sure...

i may not be 100% correct, for i am still in the process of understanding their education system, which is a tiny bit different from ours...

how u can be classified as a "skilled worker" really depends on the immigration officer at the politi,  who will accept your application... based on some readings of other's experiences, some officers at politi are not too critical on the "skilled worker"  requirement and will just accept ur application without checking ur education.. while others are very strict,  and may push-back your application and advice u to apply from your home country... your best option, in my opinion, will probably be to check at the politi in ur area if they will accept ur application while u are in Norway, before lodging an application and paying the visa fee...

btw,  please also note that the "skilled worker" requirement applied to stephy was for applying for family reunification while in Norway... if you are applying for a residence permit to work, while ur already in Norway (no fiancé or spouse),  here are the rules for that: Skilled workers who can hand in their application for residence permit in Norway - UDI.no

source: -  Education In Norway  -  Wikipedia
- http://www.UDI.no/en

Hello every1

I applied for family migration visa on 21 May 2014.  14 months ago. And from december 2014 I received udi email and all email are same. Your case is in processing but this month i received 2 email on 14 july 2015 date i received same email case processing but today on 29 july 2015 following email.
Dear applicant

(Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to finalize your application

Please note that the case processing time may have changed since you submitted your application. You will always find an up-to-date case processing time for your kind of application on  udi.no/time.

We will let you know if there is anything you can do to speed up the application process.)

If some passed same sitution or know some thing about it please let me know tell me what will next happen and how much time they will take more.

Thanks

I will also apply for family reunification while in Norway. I will go to Norway this October as tourist for 2nd time. This time we will apply for fiancee while i am there, we plan to get marry this coming  January.

Hello folkens!

I received my visa grant just today! Finally, after one month and 22 days! (jump..jump..roll over..roll over)  :D

So I already made a CFO appointment, would they give me a sticker right after the seminar (of course with another fee)..? Or I still have to make another appointment for that?

What type of visa you applied for SanrineSophia?

Hi Mitz,

It is Engagement/Fiancée permit under Family Immigration/Reunification. Well, I already called CFO Manila today and was advised that the sticker will be issued right after the seminar certification.  :D