Australian cuisine

Hi,

When living abroad, tasting the local cuisine is part of discovering the country.

What is your favorite food in Australia?

What is the local speciality?

Share with us the local tastes of Australia and why not your best recipe.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Hi
Actually the Area I lived in is contain a variety of restaurants from different countries .The Turkish restaurants make a very good kinds of food like the kebab,gozleme,bitza,or different kinds of soaps.Iranian ones i had a very nice dish of fried vegetables called sabzy with rice.the Lebanese restaurants also offer the kebab,with different taste dishes like homos,flafel,and the salad.
The amazing thing is that you can find in Sydney or in Australia the huge different kinds of all countries culture and foods.I hope that's good information ,thank you

Sami

favorite food in Australia ?

Hmmm that question does seem to highlight what Australia is...  Multicultural..

Great Genuine British Fish and Chips in my last area. (Atlantic Cod)
Perfect Indian food
Excellent Italian Cuisine

....Everything is available.

But a good old Aussie BBQ in the back garden...

My restaurant favourite....  the local $15.00 350 gram Rump Steak and chips

ABC diamond is right  ;)
And also bake dinner and as i know Sausages sizzle is the most common ausie style meals, cheap,easy,simple and fill you stomach well

Interestingly Australia does not have its own "national dish", but thanks to the migrants from so many different parts of the world and cultures variety of food you can experience here is enormous!
Personally I am a big fan of Asian cuisine and seafood.

Me to read here

Aussie by Nature wrote:

Interestingly Australia does not have its own "national dish",

Some say that Pavlova is true Aussie, but the New Zealanders don't agree ;)

I don't know if there is such a thing as Australian cuisine per se. When I was over there never once did I see a restaurant that served aussie food. I think BBQ is very Australian, but it's not really cuisine.