When can i applied for Brazilian citizenship according new system?

Good morning Mr.James,
I am writing you to ask you please about when can i applied for brazilian citizenship? although, on 14/01/2015 i and my wife have permanent residency on basis of our child born in brazil according new system.
By the way, i asked one employee in PF and she told i can apply it by next september cause there will be new system for that and she told you may no need to make portuguese language test too, so please do you have any info about that ?
Please can you tell me too, what are the required documents do i need to present to PF for citizenship? cause i surfed website of ministry of justice but i couldn't understand everything, it seems complicated. so can you help me please in translating about this issue?
Thank you very much for your great support,
with my best wishes and kindest regards,

The new system is only about permanency, nothing about citizenship (naturalization) has changed at all.

For Ordinary Naturalization you must wait 4 years from the time you received your permanency, before you apply.

For anyone who is married to a Brazilian citizen or has a Brazilian born child then that wait is reduced to ONE YEAR. So, you can apply for naturalization any time AFTER the anniversary date of being granted permanency.

Unlike permanency, for which you have a Constitutional Right, by virtue of your Brazilian child; citizenship is completely at the discretion of the Ministry of Justice and Conselho Nacional de Imigrações. You must meet ALL of the requirements for citizenship, one of which is passing a test of fluency in Portuguese.

Regarding the test of fluency, you'll need to ask the Federal Police what they require since in small remote cities in Brazil the Federal Police will actually administer their own test. In larger cities such as São Paulo I believe that don't have time or staff for this and will probably require you to take the CELPE-Bras test which is administered only 2 times each year. If so you'll have to frequently Google "CELPE-Bras em São Paulo" to find out the test schedule and how to enroll.

For more information about Ordinary Naturalization and the requirements see the Ministério da Justiça webpage:

http://www.justica.gov.br/seus-direitos … acao-comum

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi James, I am Australian English teacher living in Brazil for 9 years now. I passed (passei no concurso para professor de Inglês REDA) but I can't take the position because I don't have Brazilian Citizinship. I got married in Brazil and I have a 3 year old Brazilian son. I am divorced but because of my son I want to contiue living and working( teaching) in Brazil. With my case, I live in Porto Seguro which is a small city. How do I go about getting my Brazilian Citizinship. Seems to be very complicated to me.

Hello Sean,

Since you have a Brazilian child, the normal 4 year waiting period for naturalization is reduced to 1 year. You apply at the Regional Superintendency of the Federal Police, Estrada Aeroporto, 917 Porto Seguro - BA‎
(73) 3268-8100.

You need to meet all of the requirements including passing a test in fluency in Portuguese. I don't know if they require the CELPE-Bras (which some do) or if they'll administer their own test. You'll need to ask them.

For more information regarding naturalization see the Ministry of Justice website:

http://www.justica.gov.br/seus-direitos … acao-comum

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi
James how are you i m Haseeb ,James i have join a auto school for driving license ,i already passed medical and Psychological behavior /logic exam .auto school guys told me now i have to pass a test from detran which will be written but i really don't speak much Portuguese  and hard to understand for me test in Portuguese is their any salutation for it?

You need to talk to the people at your driving school about that, I don't have a Brazilian Driver's License and haven't ever had and dealings with DETRAN at all. I haven't driven in about 10 years now.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

bridgingtrade wrote:

Hi
James how are you i m Haseeb ,James i have join a auto school for driving license ,i already passed medical and Psychological behavior /logic exam .auto school guys told me now i have to pass a test from detran which will be written but i really don't speak much Portuguese  and hard to understand for me test in Portuguese is their any salutation for it?

It seems to me that Detran is a bit like the cartorios. Each one makes up their own rules.

I haven't done it yet, but the information I got from the Detran here is that portuguese is not necessary at all in getting a license.

Your best bet is to go to the Detran yourself and get the information from them.