Meditation and Yoga in Mauritius

Hi

Does anyone know of any meditation groups in Mauritius and yoga classes. I am in the Flic en Flac area.

I have been practicing meditation for 3 years through the triatna buddhist community and it's been brilliantanyone on this rock who does the same please in touch.

Thanks

d :)

Interesting thread, I'll keep an eye on the answers you get as I practice yoga and meditation, too :)

hey there

please check link below for meditation

http://www.yelo.mu/company/20832/itis-m … ing-centrehttp://www.artofliving.org/mu-en

Cheers
melissa

Wow! Thanks for this Melissa. I'll check these out.

Hi! I'm also looking for yoga classes near Flic en Flac - keep me in the loop if you find any! :)

Hi Kat,

I spoke to the people here: yelo.mu/company/20832/itis-meditationhealing-centre

They have an evening class in Quatre Bourne on Thursdays. They also do one on one sessions up there or they can arrange to come and do it here in Flic en Flac. She suggested it could be done one to one or small groups.

d

Hi,

I would also be interested.
Have you heard of the Kundalini meditation? :)

Hi Mike,

No I haven't. What is it like and where do they practice it?

I'm need to be present!! :)

Hi,
Take a look at these fb sites for more info on these things:
facebook.com/groups/wellnessmauritius/
facebook.com/groups/meditationmauritius/
Bhavnath leads more active/Kundalini type meditations, which I imagine are going to be very different from your zen-type meditations. ;) It might be worth a look, though!  I think both are fantastic.  Bhav and a lovely lady called Trine are hosting their 2nd Wellness Day at Eureka (in Moka) on Nov 8 & 9.  Last time there were so many incredible offerings: yoga, mediation (all types/forms), pilates, relaxation, hike to waterfalls, etc.  Was a great day.  Might be something for you to check out as well.
Hope this helps. 
--Courtney  :)

There is also a lady called Bridgitte who teaches fantastic yoga classes.  Pm me if you would like more info.  She lives in La Gaulette...

Hi there,

I have been practising Raja yoga meditation for the last ten years, plz check out this link if your interested-

brahmakumaris.org/afr/mauritius/home_html

Cheers,
Yusuf

[Moderated : No free adverts on the forum please. Drop in an advert in the relevant area in our Classifieds ]

Hi,

I know this is an old post but hopefully your still about!
Does she still teach yoga? Are there any classes in La Gaulette itself? Thanks!
Georgia

Hi Georgia,

I got an email from this lady the other day. Romy Ode

Search for her and drop her an email. She seems to do classes. It works out cheaper if you're in a group. I have yet to reply to her but I will at some point. I am looking for a group class to bring the cost down and for something flexible on certain days of the week.

Good luck.

I'm Also intersted! But I need to rent a car l live in le morne and just landed some days ago.

Please could you give me this woman's email address???
Cheers

I think you can search for her via her name and then make contact via this site? I have a message from her so I will email her back and let her you'd like to get in touch and hopefully you can make contact.

d

Hi Everyone,

I came across this yoga teacher. She sent me the emil below which maybe of use.

"I give Hatha yoga courses at patrice avrillon institut at tamarin. Tuesdays and thuesdays morning 9 to 10 and tuesday evening now 18h30 to 19h30. They can come, they are welcome! but i don't give meditation class. In my class i do postures, relaxation and breath. I give courses on the beach every saturdays at la preneuse 7 to 8 morning. That tuesday don' t have class at patrice avrillon because it's public holiday. Send me a massage if they want come. Thanks a lot. My number is 54993070 peoples can call me for more details".

I've also found an FB page called Yoga Mauritius which maybe of use too...

All the best

Diensen

HI

Check the centre for natural healing and meditation in Bonne terre , Vacoas .
They have free meditation classes everyday in the morning and evening .  They also have yoga classes.
centrefornaturalhealing.org

There is a great teacher in Grand Baie whose classes I attend. Definitely recommend visiting him, near Pointe aux Cannoniers. Anyone in the area will know his place by Presse Bookshop.

Hi Folks,

If anyone has the name/number of the person giving yoga classes in Pointe Aux Cannoniers could you let me know please.  I called to the Presse Bookshop and the staff don't know where the class is held.

Thanks.

Steph.

Thank u Dpapap!  :D

http://wellnessfestivalmauritius.com/img/festival.jpg

"WELLNESS FESTIVAL MAURITIUS" 20-21st JUNE 2015

A unique uplifting celebration of well-being and conscious living through Meditations, Yogas, Chanting, Music concerts, Dance, Massage and other Healing Therapies.

wellnessfestivalmauritius.com

With Love, Bhavnath

[Moderated by Kenjee
Reason: No promotion of External links/websites on the forum
]

for some reasons the festival link didn't show up above..so here it is

wellnessfestivalmauritius.com

Hi
Even I take yoga classes.  its power yoga. Meditation I do myself.I donot follow anyone and m able to activate my chakras to some extend.

Hello

@Bhavnath : So as to protect members from possible spamming, links shared by new members needs validating before being published online.

You could drop an advert in our Classifieds section about this upcoming event :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

thanks Kenjee ~~ !  :top:

Hi Stephanie, I'd be interested to know the name and phone number of the yoga teacher in Pointe aux cannoniers if you have it? Thanks kindly, Sophie

The BEST yoga teacher in Mauritius is undoubtedly Mr. Trilo Gujadhur ... he is a certified instructor from the "Vivekananda Kendra"  from Bangalore in India ... In Yoga ,  Vivekananda Kendra is the Ultimate Authority in Yoga ... Trilo not only teaches yoga , but also give courses to future yoga instructors ... and gives lots of information about food and other health aspects ... Because , beware ... everyone must do yoga according to his/her health situation ... not every posture is applicable to everyone ... His mobile number is : +(230) 5729 5729 ... home : +(230) 467 4670

Hello bluemarlin555,

Thank you for your contribution. Can you please kindly recommend your contact in the Mauritius Business Directory > Yoga in Mauritius so that members may easily find him.

Thank you in advance, :)
Bhavna