Depression

Hi friends, is there any support group for depression or BP in bangkok for expats?

Hello sepide.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I guess a small introduction would be welcome.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Aurelie
I am looking for any group or meeting, I am looking for friends, to go out and hang up with. Anything :-)
Thank u

Hi,
Have look at the Mae Phim Meditation Centre on FB, that may help you , and it is by the sea in Rayong province, not too far away from Rayong.  I know meditation  helps some with this problem.
Or you could look at the New Life Foundation Centre , located all the way up in Chaing Rai area.

only forgiving and forgetting would heal your depression

awaiting reply my friend

Depression is not about forgiving and forgetting.

it can be formed by unbalance chemicals to the brain.
it can also be subconcious issues that the person is not aware of.
depression is not simply being upset with someone/something that it makes you sad......

hi, sepide, how are you feeling today? are you okey???

sepide wrote:

Hi friends, is there any support group for depression or BP in bangkok for expats?

hi, i think you need friends to talk to, so you can feel the sense of belonging to a new place - thailand

i am in rama 2, bangkok, feel free to drop me email any time to share your thinking and feeling. we all from different country to the land of smile. :)

thanks
simon

I have depression, it is not always just about forgive and forget. There are many different reasons.

That is often not enough, I know! Their are medications that work, not solve your problems. But help with imbalances you may have. Please this works!

Yes inbalances, medications do work! Get help if you need it please!

Hi Sepide,

I do have depression issue last few months. So I decided to change environment and people who I mingling around. Find people who think positive, as the negative will made me worst.

I do took a few courses to make me a better mood,

if you'd like to know do PM me or email beworkz(AT)gmail.com

Joy

did you find anything in the end? I would really like to find something like that too.

Depression is often a mix of a shortage or imbalance of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin or dopamine.
If you are creative, imaginative, or looking for inspiration, DO NOT take pharmaceutical anti-depressants unless your pain and hopelessness are unbearable.  If you can, seek "natural serotonin boosters" and be prepared to order them by internet for availability and access.  Be aware that the recommended dosages may be very insufficient and it's up to you to decide whether to experiment at higher levels.

Uncounted millions of people self-medicate with all kinds of substances which usually make things worse in the long run.  Even if you have meaningful friends and a fulfilling life of compassionate service, attitude, meditation, diet, yoga, positive thinking, etc may not be enough.  If you ARE NOT taking other contra-indicated corporate or other chemicals and you are not seriously bi-polar (we all are a bit), you might look into SAMe.  Tho it's synthetic, it has very healthy effects on the body, including liver detox and rejuvenation. 

I looked at this link to see if there was any ongoing depression support  meeting group in Bangkok. Maybe things are changing but in my various trips here, I'd rarely met foreigners who deeply give a damn beyond self.  But so may men who come here to buy pleasure get bitter because the women they pay "use" them. Ahem. Golddiggers and sugardaddies go together but can't stay together in love since that's not what they dig or build.

Depression, grief, loneliness, emptiness, and desperation can be at least partly transformed into love and compassion but if one expects to be rewarded and loved in return, once again the trap is thinking that one can buy or earn heaven on earth. Love is a gift and a verb. Do it. Do it. Do it and never be satisfied. If you try to "save" bodies or souls without taking care of nature or helping people who wish to help transform society, your labor of love may feel good in the moment but not have lasting effect. Sometimes, the simple act of alleviating suffering, even by helping an addict get another day of relief, is more meaningful than wallowing in one's own misery, condemning others, or spending one day after another on what you think will make YOU feel good.

Are you a doctor?

Hi,

Joy's here!!  Long time I didnt check in and I just saw your message.  Yes, I do recover form depression state  without medication as Im using NLP program to cure me. 

It's work effectively and many people worldwide also use NLP +  hypnotherapy to remedy.

If you keen to know more please feel free to drop me and email:  beworkz (at) gmail.com

Joy

Hello sepide and friends,

People around my life happen to be big believers in the benefit of meditation to calm our mind and find inner peace. While I myself know almost nothing about meditation, I start to get interested in meditation recently. I am probably not mentally depressed but I would like to seek more clarity in my life direction within my inner self.

I am a bit surprised to learn that there are many scientific publications suggesting that meditation could heal and cure depression. Meditation is about mindfulness. Perhaps being constantly mindful about our present triggers certain biochemical activities within out brain and body which might help suppress certain biochemical substances leading to depression.

Interesting enough, currently I am considering joining meditation retreats at International Dharma Hermitage of Wat Suan Mokkh at Chaiya, Surat Thani in Southern Thailand. This is a program for mainly non-Thais in Thailand. And, since this is a 10-day long meditation program, not all participants are able to complete it. Knowing very little about meditation, I personally consider this as a challenging "marine corps"-type of mental training program. But, if this program could change our life, such as by helping us cope with our mental issues (such as depression) and explore our inner self further to understand ourselves better, then it is probably worth trying. By the way, here is the website of this program: suanmokkh-idh.org

May we all have peace of mind.