New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Bonjour,
Je me présente je suis Interprète bénévoles en langue des signes (pour personnes sourdes) et j'adore voyager.
Je vis en Belgique et en novembre 2015 je me rends à Bangkok.
Je me suis inscrite sur ce forum pour discuter sur la Thaïlande.

Hi All, Aussie girl here. I live in Belgium on and off for a few years now.... Although I'm not new to the country I have found I enjoy meeting others not born here. I have plenty of advice and expertise of this crazy but cute country from having a baby, getting residency, buying & selling a car so hit me up if you need advice. Cheers.

Hi Jeffrey here :) i live my hole life in belgium :)

:D Hello Friends
My name is Naveen & I am from India ...I am into event management and want to setup my business here...coming to belgium for 30 days and probably will settle late in the year

Hi there, I moved to Brussels 4 months ago. Originally from Slovakia. I'm looking for some girl friends with whom I could go for a coffee or do some shopping. :)

Hello everyone,
Iam.mary and iam from greece iam a nurse and  iam planning to come to stay at ghent,belgium from 2 octomber until march being a personal assistant for a disabled person.
I would like to know some informations about ghent and maybe find some new friends.

Hello.My Belgian husband died on the 26 of March 2015, of Colon Cancer.We were married for 23 years.We have two daughters.One is at University and the other is 13.Upon becoming a widow we moved back to the USA, to be with my family.I must restart my life.But I realize  that I want to return to Belgium.it has become home to me.I love Belgium.I'm a Chef and want to start a Surf&Turf restaurant.I miss Belgium,Limburg/Antwerp!

Hello..I moved to Brussels about a year ago and it took me a while to settle in. Back in Malaysia I led an active professional life, but now I'm a home maker. :) Now I am better settled in to Brussels, planning to learn French and to meet new people. During my free time I blog about interesting things I come across here in Brussels/Europe.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : link of blog removed

Hello and Thanks to everyone in this forum,
Yours posts were more than helpful in deciding "to move or not to move"  :)
My name is Maria, I am an IT Professional and if everything goes well, I will move to Brussels in Okt/Nov for work with husband and 3 year old boy.

Hi, am a nigeria planing to come to belgium to work and live. I need information on how i can settle down and make new friends before coming.

Hi je suis Ferdil,et je vis en Haïti,mais bientôt je compte venir au Belgique,donc je me suis dit qu'il serait formidable de me faire des amis là bas.

ferdil wrote:

Hi je suis Ferdil,et je vis en Haïti,mais bientôt je compte venir au Belgique,donc je me suis dit qu'il serait formidable de me faire des amis là bas.

As this is an Anglophone forum and in fairness to other members, can you please post in ENGLISH only.
Thank you.

Hello all,
Am Michael Momoh Kargbo a Sierra Leonean Diplomat (Financial Attache') attach to the Sierra Leone Embassy here form the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs in Sierra Leone. Am here with my wife and Four(4)children,whom I believe are interested in educating and staying in Belgium For their Lifetime even after the Assignment. ***

Thanks,
Michael

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your address on forum.

Hello!

I am an American musician who recently moved in Brussels, Belgium. I would like to become involved in the music communities here in Brussels. But along with musical involvement, I would also like to meet more people here in Brussels.

Hi everyone , I am South African, lives there ( but been traveling across Europe) .Ive recently been re United with my niece. My older (late)  sister was married to a Belgian guy, and my niece grew up there. I love Belgium and I would really like to be able to stay here longer , does anyone know what type of Visa I can apply for and how to go about it? Hope to hear from you guys and Thanks in advance 😊

Hi! My name is Khalid and I'm a Londoner moving to Brussels to start an internship early September. I've been to Brussels a few times in the past and I enjoyed it a fair amount when I visited, hoping for more good times there. I'm looking forward to moving there and meeting new people and improving my French; I spent a year in France studying at SciencesPo Bordeaux and my french has dropped like crazy since! I'm open and friendly, don't mind talking about anything and I'm generally up for anything new to try. I'm looking for an apartment or even house share. Would like to move in with new people and maybe if anyone would like to talk and we could move find a place together that would be great too!

Cheers!

Hello my name is Joakina I would like to move to Brussels  to develop my skills in Accounting and improve my French .I am also open to anything I wouldn't mind working as a full time employee.

Dear all,
To introduce myself, i am an Indian working in Italy with telecom engineering background.
I found this blog/forum very helpful. I will be moving to Belgium this September if everything goes as planned.
Than you very much to all for sharing their experience and for advice/suggestion.
Best regards

Hi All,
I am Priyanka.I am software developer.I came Belgium last sunday.I will be here for an year.I like travelling, music,food and chat.Love to make new friends. Contact me if any one with same liking.

Hi , I am Dagny. My husband & I would be moving to Belgium in a month or so. We are from India.

Would be helpful to know which are the good neighborhoods for renting an apt in Brussels. (Its just the two of us so I am not worried about proximity to schools etc)

Hi! Am Chimene NABATH, a togolese citizen living in Lome(Togo). I am not in Belgium yet but would like to make friends, find love, and job there if possible. Thanks.
I am also available to help Belgiums who want to come in Togo.

Je m'appelle Chimene NABATH, je suis citoyenne togolaise vivant à Lomé(togo). Je ne suis pas encore en Belgique mais aimerais visiter ce beau pays, me faire des ami(e)s, trouver l'amour et le travail la-bas si possible. Merci.

hello, I am from Singapore, and now working in a startup Nestia nestia.com. I love travel to Belgium and enjoy the food there very much.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting external links

Hello I am Rohini i moved from London UK to Belgium. I am looking to meet new friends around Belgium. i am working in the hospitality industry.  I have been in Belgium for three weeks nearly.

Hello guys, the pleasure is mine bex in this group, am charlotte, have a degree in marketing and am really planing to move to begium to work and do my masters program, I presently live in Cameroon. It will be my pleasure if u guys help me with my dream of settling in Belgium. GOD bless u all. Thanks

Hello to everybody! I'm an italian guy arrived bere two years ago..Brussels is an amazing city why don't enjoy it together? :)

Ahem....hi there!  :shy
My name is Danijela and I'm from Bosnia&Herzegovina.
I've recently moved from Spain to Belgium and still getting used to the weather change  :huh:
I am in a search for a job here and would be happy if it involves these several languages I speak (Croatian, English, Czech, Spanish, Serbian, Bosnian...) so if somebody knows where to search for it please let me know since I seem to be lost.
Also, I'd be happy to meet new people and get to know the dream country of beer and chocolate  :thanks:

Heeeeey  ;)

My name is Barbara, am 23 years old am from Ukraine.. I can speak English and polish...

I have been living in Belgium for almost three years...

so almost get used to everything here except finding aa good job which I find it hectic...

Am willing to assist any family in all kinds of house cleaning and ironing equipments

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hey!
My name is Khalid & im a university graduate from England who is moving to Brussels next month for a 12 month internship working in development & environmental conservation work with an NGO. I've been struggling to find a shared apartment, so I've had to delay my start date. I'm a relaxed but fully competent person. Im very clean & have a good history of paying on time!! If there's more you need to know please message me & I'll be happy to let you know :)

Hello all,

I am a Masters student from India currently studying at TU Delft, Netherlands. I will be moving to Brussels in the month of November to work on a 9 month thesis at the VKI. I like to cook, read, bike and travel.

Currently I am looking for an affordable room to stay at either Uccle or Sint Genesius Rhode. If you can re-direct me to proper channel, that will be really helpful.

Eager to move to Brussels and explore the city. :)

Hellooo.... Do know you good websites to search for a job in Brussels or know some day need to clean his house... ASAP

Hello,

Am Sabrina from Mauritius Island.  Wanting to come to Belgium next year... i would like to know how to find work and update my visa once there... also would like to meet new ppl

did you find your flat  finaly ?

Hi, I'm nzambi Kenyan I've heard lots of  stories about Belgium I would love to move to Brussels and maybe reside there :) I'd love to get a job in the IT field

Hi ppl :) Jasmin here. I am from Bosnia & Herzegovina and I soon moving to Brussels Any question for Bosnia just message me :)

Hi,im Prince from Ghana and would like to move to Belgium. Can you help me..

Hi Jeff,can you help me,move to Belgium. Would be very grateful if u help..

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

Just to remind you that this thread is only for the introduction of new members (name, what do you do in life, brief account of your expatriation project).

If you have any need for informations, you need to start a new topic on the Belgium forum.

Link here : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@prince boateng, please go through the resources already available on the website to gather a maximum info.

You may start by reading the Living in Belgium guide and the forum categories on the right of this page then create a new topic on the Belgium forum if you need infos.

All the best,
Let us keep this thread neat  :happy:

Bhavna

Dear all.. ☺
Greetings from Asia, I am Indonesian, have plan to move and working in Europe (Belgium, France or UK) in early 2016. I have been in Europe 3 years ago and I really love stay there especially about culture and the weather. I also want to improve my English skill.
I looking for job as nanny, maybe can find host family here

Nice to meet you ☺

Hello to everybody i recently moved from Italy to Brussels to get an international assignment in my company. Looking for new friends in this new city. Let me know and keep in touch ciao Luca

Closed