Looking for help regarding the medical testing requirements

Hi all!! :cheers:
I recently accepted a marketing job and before my employer can apply for my employment visa I need to complete some medical tests but I had a couple of questions:
1. I am required to get testing done at a GAMCA approved facility; however, I live in the United States. Are there GAMCA approved facilities in the US? I searched and couldn't find anything.. Is any clinic in my state acceptable?

2. Are eye exams required for all jobs or only specialized jobs like pilots?

3. Are the costs for the medical testing usually reimbursed?

Thank you in advance for any help!!,  and sorry if any of this has been asked before, have a great day!  :)

Regarding your quries..
Yes, eye examination is required for all jobs in Middle East but it's just a General eye test , not a detailed or any special examination.
In your own country , you have to pay for your medical but when you will come here , your sponsor will pay for your all medical tests..

Hey little heart am from bahrain the eyes u talking abt is a basic one required for the jobs and you wont have to pay anything for the medical examinations once u under ur sponsor he takes care of everything

All the best

Thank you both :)

U welcome lil heart

So wen is that u gonna come ??

YaaSeen wrote:

U welcome lil heart

So wen is that u gonna come ??

my guesstimate is in around 8 weeks maximum! but i really need to figure out about the GAMCA approved clinics in my city :)

1. Things to Consider before having a GAMCA Medical Exam for Travevl Abroad.

Just a rough up! GAMCA stands for GCC Approved Medical Centers' Association - So from the title itself its an association of medical centers globally. When we talk about international association we must put in our mind that it is more strict than local medical associations so you must treat this seriously.

Some countries in South Asia like Kuwait, Bahrain, KSA and More require a  GAMCA certificate for Working Visa - which means that every holder of Working Visa from GCC Countries mentioned above are compulsory to go to GAMCA accredited clinics in your local area for Medical Certification. Thus everyone has no choice but to undergo medical exam at GAMCA Accredited Clinics.

Caution, Once the clinic found out that you are UNFIT to work there will be NO CHANCE of making it FIT. So bare in mind that GAMCA Accredited Clinics are not an ordinary clinic that you know.

So wen are u plannin to start with ur medical in ur city ?

Instead of "little" you should have put "sweet" and that would have made the handle appropriate, JK  :lol:

Anyways what I have learnt that Gamca approved labs are only for the Asian countries as the class and level of medical/health is not up to the standard of first world countries. And I think no one has answered your query for no-1.

I guess the best answer would be provided by someone who has moved from Umrikaaaa. But my 2 cents are that all US labs would be fine to carry out the required testing.

Good luck :)

There are few Americans on the forum who can provide you with the exact answers which you are looking for.

Good luck in advance :)

Mister GE wrote:

1. Things to Consider before having a GAMCA Medical Exam for Travevl Abroad.

Just a rough up! GAMCA stands for GCC Approved Medical Centers' Association - So from the title itself its an association of medical centers globally. When we talk about international association we must put in our mind that it is more strict than local medical associations so you must treat this seriously.

Some countries in South Asia like Kuwait, Bahrain, KSA and More require a  GAMCA certificate for Working Visa - which means that every holder of Working Visa from GCC Countries mentioned above are compulsory to go to GAMCA accredited clinics in your local area for Medical Certification. Thus everyone has no choice but to undergo medical exam at GAMCA Accredited Clinics.

Caution, Once the clinic found out that you are UNFIT to work there will be NO CHANCE of making it FIT. So bare in mind that GAMCA Accredited Clinics are not an ordinary clinic that you know.

Thank you so much for this information. I'm still trying to find a GAMCA approved clinic in the US asap

saimans wrote:

Instead of "little" you should have put "sweet" and that would have made the handle appropriate, JK  :lol:

Anyways what I have learnt that Gamca approved labs are only for the Asian countries as the class and level of medical/health is not up to the standard of first world countries. And I think no one has answered your query for no-1.

I guess the best answer would be provided by someone who has moved from Umrikaaaa. But my 2 cents are that all US labs would be fine to carry out the required testing.

:)  lol
Thank you for this information. So I guess there are no official GAMCA approved clinics in the US .. I hope someone on the forum can help. its been difficult to get a response from my employer

Strange. I posted on this thread this morning and it's probably been deleted? hmmmm

live.ali wrote:

Strange. I posted on this thread this morning and it's probably been deleted? hmmmm

Why deleted, was it irrelevant ?? If not, pls post it again :)

I confirm that no posts have been deleted from this thread.

Maybe it was just a little bug on your side live.ali  :/

Please re post again.  :thanks:

Kenjee

YaaSeen wrote:

So wen are u plannin to start with ur medical in ur city ?

As soon as next week! I think Saimans is correct regarding GAMCA so I'm going to pick a clinic by tomorrow and make my appointment :)

Not a big deal, simply go with the flow.once you are  here they may ask you to do the same blood tests as you went through in USA.to forget the shots remember the $$$ .at least you have here in saudi free medical insurance.good luck

Hey Little,

Generally your employer or the agency your employer is using in the US will be able to help you find an "approved" place to do all your medical. My company flew me out (NY to CA) to use their Dr for everything.....yet they accepted our Family Dr for all the medical testing for my wife and son. Just have to know EXACTLY what testing they require. Depending on your employer or agency but Yes they should reimburse you for all out of pocket costs for medical, Police, Visa, Passport, photos, etc you had to do. Just keep all your receipts and notes to explain the expense. They will give you a general eye exam, nothing serious. My employer required a treadmill stress test... so again know what tests they want exactly.

Private message me if you'd like to talk to my wife about how life is here for women......

Good Luck... and be Safe

LittleHeart wrote:

I recently accepted a marketing job and before my employer can apply for my employment visa I need to complete some medical tests but I had a couple of questions:
1. I am required to get testing done at a GAMCA approved facility; however, I live in the United States. Are there GAMCA approved facilities in the US? I searched and couldn't find anything.. Is any clinic in my state acceptable?

Thank you in advance for any help!!,  and sorry if any of this has been asked before, have a great day!  :)

Thank you so much!!!!
So it's not quite as easy as I had hoped!
I'm going to have to get ahold of my employer tomorrow then and get answers.
Again, thank you! :)

richfng wrote:

Hey Little,

Generally your employer or the agency your employer is using in the US will be able to help you find an "approved" place to do all your medical. My company flew me out (NY to CA) to use their Dr for everything.....yet they accepted our Family Dr for all the medical testing for my wife and son. Just have to know EXACTLY what testing they require. Depending on your employer or agency but Yes they should reimburse you for all out of pocket costs for medical, Police, Visa, Passport, photos, etc you had to do. Just keep all your receipts and notes to explain the expense. They will give you a general eye exam, nothing serious. My employer required a treadmill stress test... so again know what tests they want exactly.

Private message me if you'd like to talk to my wife about how life is here for women......

Good Luck... and be Safe

LittleHeart wrote:

Saimans was correct, my boss said any clinic will be sufficient :) thanks to all who replied

LittleHeart wrote:

Saimans was correct, my boss said any clinic will be sufficient :) thanks to all who replied

Great, now keep us updated about the medical process and how it goes so that it benefits the EB fraternity :)

Your future employer should have this information but I would recommend that you contact the Saudi Embassy in Washington DC

601 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20037, United States
+1 202-342-3800

Commonly, the tests are for entrance visa only. Ask an emigration office for help. In the Netherlands any approved testing lab and registrred doktor can perform it. In ksa you get the tests again.
Costs are mostly reimbursed. Depends on your contract and should be stated as such in a paragraph.
Eyes testing is part of it, no excuse. If you are not blind you pass it. Most importsntly is hiv testing

We use the company below to process all of of our personnel. They have many sites through out the US. Reimbursement is solely based on the company you are hired for, I would suggest you call your company to find out about reimbursement. I wish you the best of luck.

Amy Crowley
Occu-Med
2121 West Bullard Avenue
Fresno, CA 93711
T:  (559) 435-2800 x102
F:  (800) 262-2863

Medical tests.  I am from the US.  I was told my medical exams would be reimbursed and paid about $3000 in Medical Exams (my insurance would not cover the unneeded things like rare stool cultures). I also paid for my visa which was over $1000. I was told it would all be paid for. When I arrived it was upgraded to that it would all be paid for after 90 days. After 90 days I was told they would reimburse me for selected things for up to a total of $1000 maximum take it or leave it. In Saudi, what you do not get from the start you are lucky if you get later.   In my experience that's the way things worked for me.  I had negotiated many things that did not happen but at the end of the day if you go to Saudi Labor court you are unemployed paying your own way for how many months? And can't even start  new job in the mean time.

In the US it has to be a board certified MD physician (no NPs or PAs no CNMs, no DOs) and they have to put a stamp on your paper. i nearly had to repeat mine except one physician where I was at happened to have a $10 stamp from Staples when a patient previously had done the same thing and ran into the issue of needing the stamp. Be careful, my agent said anything was fine but then after submission it was all about the stamp.

Thanks for all the replies! :)

I finally
got most of my medical/lab reports back, do I have to email them to the employer or is there some necessary format I need to follow?
How does the employer send the reports to the labour ministry?
Thanks for any help :)

Hi in India there are too many GAMCA centre and fee is only 4000 INR. l just arrived 11 of july 015 & given test in Delhi.

I agree with Humhum, just check with the stamp on the paper, your employer might ask you to get the stamped paper to submit it to the ministry. Meanwhile you can find the doctor who can stamp your documents.

Good luck !!

HumHum wrote:

In the US it has to be a board certified MD physician (no NPs or PAs no CNMs, no DOs) and they have to put a stamp on your paper. i nearly had to repeat mine except one physician where I was at happened to have a $10 stamp from Staples when a patient previously had done the same thing and ran into the issue of needing the stamp. Be careful, my agent said anything was fine but then after submission it was all about the stamp.

I didn't get anything stamped, I just got the paper reports signed by the doctors... I had to go to multiple facilities because I couldn't find one that would complete all the testing I needed :( also my employer said she wont reimburse me.
now I'm worried

are the reports my doctors signed and handed me enough or am i supposed to get some special documents? my employer didnt mention anything specific...
thanks for any help

signed and stamped. make sure every box is filled in

Is this normal to get medical tests done before the employer sends a visa?

Yes it's normal. To get the visa stamped in your passport, the medicals have to be done (for employment visa)

LittleHeart wrote:

I recently accepted a marketing job and BEFORE my employer can apply for my employment visa I need to complete some medical tests..........

rareshine wrote:

Yes it's normal. To get the visa stamped in your passport, the medicals have to be done (for employment visa)

Im sorry, I didn't mean stamped, I meant after they process the employment visa in KSA to be received by the future employee overseas, and then they get the medical before getting it stamped, but after having it processed in KSA?

Makes sense? :D

The visa isnt 'processed' in KSA. The employer sends out an invitation under ur name to the visa agent + embassy and the embassy does the processing after reviewing all documents, including medicals

So the medical is done only AFTER the embassy receives the visa for processing?

That's what I did, got the contract and notification of visa first, then got medical testing done, and then submitted all for further processing by embassy.

Yea that's fine. However, It doesn't have to be AFTER, it can be done simultaneously, while they are in the process of sending the invitation, you can complete them. you can complete the medicals eveen before as long as they do not exceed 6 months prior to visa processing

alpha.one wrote:

So the medical is done only AFTER the embassy receives the visa for processing?

A big NO, medical and your documents are sent/submitted to the embassy then only visa is issued for the person.

Girjesh82 wrote:

Hi in India there are too many GAMCA centre and fee is only 4000 INR. l just arrived 11 of july 015 & given test in Delhi.

Hi Girjesh82,
Can you please provide me the process of GAMCA. Where to go and what are the documents required.
I want to get my GAMCA medical tests from Delhi.

Thanks,
Vip