Might move to Barcelona

So, I have the option to either move to Buenos Aires or Barcelona. I've never even visited either city (or country) before, and would like to know the opinions about life in Argentina to help me decide where to go. If you've also lived in Buenos Aires, would love to hear your opinions about that place too, of course.

Some questions I'd like to know, are:

How is the cost of living? And dooes the economic future for the country still look grim?

How concerned should I be about my safety?

How (socially) liberal are the people? I woudln't mind living in a more conservative area, but would like to know beforehand.

What are the locals like? While it'd be nice to have expat friends as well, I plan to integrate with the local population as much as possible to really experience the culture firsthand.

Dating prospects. What are Argentine women, in general, like? Yes, I'm aware that every country has all kinds of people, but from my own experience you can still easily make thsese kind of generalizations to some extent, but just have to remember that they are only generalizations.

I'd ofc also appreaciate any other tips and information you find useful.

Thanks! :)

thesomebody wrote:

Dating prospects. What are Argentine women, in general, like? Yes, I'm aware that every country has all kinds of people, but from my own experience you can still easily make thsese kind of generalizations to some extent, but just have to remember that they are only generalizations.

Meant Barcelonian women, of course  :dumbom:

Hi Thesomedy,

Welcome on board :)

Regarding your question about your safety - i will invite you to please check out this discussion here ---> Safety in Spain :)

Also check out the discussion on the Cost of living in Barcelona please :)

I know you are asking in general but maybe you should that Expat.com is not a dating website and will not encourage anyone to use it for dating purpose - good to know :)

Thank you

Maximilien