Salary of 8000 SAR

Expats,

Currently in am working in INDIA as a IT consultant for a Big four company. I have been offered a job for 8000 SAR+food+accommodation+medical+travel taken care in Jeddah,. My current salary is 80000 INR p.m(excluding tax)+occasional short term onsite travel allowance . also the company is Initially sponsoring me labor Visa post which they are confirming it will be changed to engineer Visa after three months of arrival. I am not concerned about it since I am single but does the Visa type affect my future job prospects, if I am planning to move to other countries in future for job.  I am more concerned on the salary, pls advice me comparing my current salary and CAREER growth not based on cost of living and saving.Can the job offer be considered. OR should I wait for a better offer? really confused.

Hi Saudioffer,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to have a look at this threads in the Cost of living in Jeddah section.
You will find a lot of information.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

go ahead, the offer is very good

May be I can Help you if you can provide me some detail information about your Current Job, Like in which Core technology of IT are you in  presently and how much experience do you have and with how many firms name them.
You Also Mention Name of the Organisation who is offering you a job here in Saudi Arabia as it is very important to know about the history of the organizations here.
And Regarding the profession on you Residential Card (here it is called as IQAMA ) as long as you single it does not matters if it is labor, but if you want to bring your family in future you cannot because as per saudi labor law only good profession on Residential cards are allowed to bring their families. Here so many organizations do verbal promises like we will do this and that after few months but they does not fulfill it ones you get in here, so for this point if they provide you some thing in written then its good.

well mention your total years of experience ? well on which Module of SAP you are working ? 8000 is ok if you are at starting of your carrier like 2 to 3 years of experience. But if you have 5+ years of experience that to with MNC's then negotiate with them Definitely they will hike your salary. Here small or medium size companies try to hack a experienced person on a low salary, as they don't have knowledge of present job market here in Saudi, specially Asian. You can also Check your pay scale on Bayt website.