How to make friends in Turkey

hi and welcome when you arrive hit me up for meet eachother for have a coffee during talking

i am visiting istanbul from 29 May to 2nd June . love to meet new sincere, caring and loving friends , who can assist me in sight seeing , travels, street walks.. .. like..
i would appreciate, if anybody having free time on these days and have a mind to help me . most welcome

Hi there ,

Whic part of Turkey are you moving to ?

Am also available me and my baby will love to no you more

Hi All
I hope we can have good friends here...

hi I wany friend grl here in ankara....my husband turkesh...

Hi. I am planning to live in Turkey next year but I want to make friends there from now. If interested message me.

Hello..I'm from Pakistan...I'm 15 years old...I love Turkey,turkish food,turkish culture,turkish things and ofcourse Turkish people...I need also a Honest friend..I want to visit Turkey but I can't because my parents cannot afford the ticket and other expance...anyways I want to be your friend..I love cooking and I love birds and animals even I have many birds In my house..

Hi all

I am so into know knowing knowing about other countries and cultures. If you will need  help of a turkish, you can let me know, don't hesitate to pm any time. Less popular cultures or smaller countries will be even more welcomed :)

I'm very fluent with English and can speak some Spanish also. Hope to meet up some nice pals :)

oh and I live in Beylikdüzü, guys around can join us our football matches if you like. But not professionals please, we are not good but just play for fun :)

Hello Sir,
                  Blessings to you for the days, i am a Cameroonian who is a Computer technician by profession i wish to have a friend who is in TURKEY, someone who can guide me on how to live in the country.

Thanks GOD BLESS

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Elmahn,

This thread will give your friend an idea about living cost in Turkey

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439096

Elmahn wrote:

Hello Sir,
                  Blessings to you for the days, i am a Cameroonian who is a Computer technician by profession i wish to have a friend who is in TURKEY, someone who can guide me on how to live in the country.

Thanks GOD BLESS

Also, here are some basic tips on everyday life

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 41#2474451

Good luck!

Elmahn wrote:

Hello Sir,

Thanks GOD BLESS

Salam.
I am mohamed from meknes I plan to go to Istanbul soon .happy to know you.

hello i am saad i am fashion design lives in istanul zeytinburnu like to have friends , i can speak english , arabic , chinese  :)

i can help you !

tesh22 wrote:

Am visiting. Turkey. Next. Month. Would wanna make new friends to move. Around. With. Xoxo

can you send me a mesage from my special box !!

Hi

i am from india and presently working in riyadh saudi arabia. i planned to travel to istanbul on end of this month for a weeks time to spend some good time. i want to make my trip to istanbul a memorable event.

Hi
I'll be in Business trip in Istanbul for 4 days 3-6 Dec. i am one of moroccan food lovers I would appreciate if someone could tell me where can i find moroccan restaurant in Esenyurt area.!

Esenyurt is way out of city center. You can try Sultanahmet, Kadikoy and Beyoglu areas.
Some restaurants are La Mancha, Nomads in Ortakoy, and Arbesque.. They are not exclusively Moroccan, but do have Moroccan cuisine in the menu.

Enjoy
Z

Xeeschan
Thanks for your very informative reply

No problem. Glad I could  of help

Alahmedgcc wrote:

Xeeschan
Thanks for your very informative reply

Hi  everyone. Explore other cities too. So many foreignors living here. Good luck.

Hi,
I am Iftikhar from Pakistan and want to make female friend in Turkey, any one interested then please reply.

Hi Iftikhar..

Only particularly female friends ?

mallhi wrote:

Hi,
I am Iftikhar from Pakistan and want to make female friend in Turkey, any one interested then please reply.

Hi,
I am moving to Antalya for good sometime after the new year and I want to get in contact with people...for advice now and friendship after I arrive.
My name is Leif. I am a retired Norwegian ship's captain and have been living in the USA for 36 years.
Thank you for your response ☺

Hello. Captain Leif.  Welcome in turkey. I am living in Istanbul and if you like to enjoy rest of your life turkey is best place to live and if you like try to move in Istanbul  because you can find everything here and you will fell better than other place, life is 24 hours here and life is running here day and night.  I come from usa as well I know how is hard work and life  on the sea. I worked also on cruise ships before I know all how is it.
Keep in touch see you later.

Hi,
I like Antalya because of the mountains so close by...I love skiing in the winter.

Ok captain how you like ofcourse there is also nice place.it was only my suggestion to you. If you come in Istanbul one day pls let me know we can meet somewhere. See you.

Yes, I would love to meet you. What is your name?

Hi captain.my name is mehmet pls if you have more questions don't hesitate to contact me any time on my inbox

Hi Leif, I'm Astrid from Germany (Hamburg), living in Antalya. You've sent me a contact request, which I approved, but couldn't send a message directly though. So I try it this way. Please message me, then I can answer. Wish you a nice day, take care and regards Astrid

Hello..ı am pleased to get your mail...ı am retired from the university..my address
***   regards..S.Y.E

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Astrid, thank you so much for responding. I plan to move to Turkey in late February and I am looking for information. I don't know if you can answer them, but you might be able to let me know whom I can contact.
What health insurance is required to apply for a Resident Status,  and which is the better one to get?
I have an iPhone 5 and is it better to keep this one and get a sim card for it, or buy a new one in Turkey?
I plane to get 90 day visa...as a Norwegian citizen I have heard that is pretty simple to get one and apply for a Resident Status during these 90 days. I am retire and don't plan to work.
Thank you so much for your help and I  hope to meet you.😊
Leif

Hello..you can write to my address     xxx
I TRY TO BE OF HELP FOR YOUR OROBLEMS GUT LEGALİTİES ARE İN THE EMBASSY'S CONCERN..WHAT DO YOU THİNK..YOU CAN RELY ON ME..REGARDS..

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Necmiye

The questions are simple. You may want to post answers here so that everyone else can benefit from them as well.

Thank you for your contribution.

Z

necmiye wrote:

Hello..you can write to my address     xxx
I TRY TO BE OF HELP FOR YOUR OROBLEMS GUT LEGALİTİES ARE İN THE EMBASSY'S CONCERN..WHAT DO YOU THİNK..YOU CAN RELY ON ME..REGARDS..

You can apply for private health insurance for residence permit. You will need to do a competitive search in order to get the best package for yourself.

If you are planning to stay long term, I would advise you to keep your phone and have it registered with the Turkcell, else you will be able to use it only for a limited period.

Hope this helps
Good luck

Z

LeifAgnar wrote:

Hi, I thank you so much for responding. I plan to move to Turkey in late February and I am looking for information. I don't know if you can answer them, but you might be able to let me know whom I can contact.
What health insurance is required to apply for a Resident Status,  and which is the better one to get?
I have an iPhone 5 and is it better to keep this one and get a sim card for it, or buy a new one in Turkey?
I plane to get 90 day visa...as a Norwegian citizen I have heard that is pretty simple to get one and apply for a Resident Status during these 90 days. I am retire and don't plan to work.
Thank you so much for your help and I  hope to meet you.😊
Leif

Hi Leif, I try to answer your questions (have similar experiences, I'm (early) retired from Germany and not working too:

1. I don't know if Norway has a bilateral agreement with the state insurance SGK, if so you can join it here without fee. They don't pay the first month, so you should join at least 1 month before your 90 day visa finishes. You also can join them voluntary. You can chose a private insurance, there are some which have policies for the resident permit (RP) like Gunes sigortasi for example. Most Turkish insurances offer a policy for RP. The condition is only that they must have an office in Turkey, means you can't use a travel health insurance from abroad for the residence permit. Prices are about 450-700 TL per year. Currently it is discussed in the parliament to lift the requirement of the mandatory health insurance, we'll see if it will happen in near future. Most insurance agents also do all paperwork for your residence permit for a fee.
2. I have the same phone lol and took it with me from Germany. I use it with a Turkish SIM card. The condition is following to register a phone from abroad: once in 2 years only, you have register within 60 days after entering turkey (let them put an entrance stamp into your passport), you have to take a tax number within that time and pay the tax at the local tax office (I think now 160 TL) with the receipt you go to the telephone provider (I use Turkcell), buy a SIM card and they open it up for Turkey. You can take it in or outside Turkey then, use other providers, use foreign SIM cards. The procedure is only once.
3.  You take an e-visa for Turkey for 90 days. You can apply for RP earliest 60 days before your e visa expires, you should apply at least one months earlier if you are a SGK member. You apply online and have to make an appointment at the local immigration office. Then you send the application by Internet, print it out and take the required documents with you for the appointment. At the end of the online appointment you find the required documents.
4. I would strongly advice you to join following Facebook group, as there you find everything about RP, phone, car, changing driving license etc, members ask many interesting and relevant questions according to those topics and you find the most actual information in the files there, as law changes permanently here and many authorities make their own thing: DOC MARTINS SURGERY FOR EXPATS IN TURKEY.
If you have any issues, please read the files, if you find the answer there, if not, write a post with your question.
Or write here, I will try my best to answer if I'm able to.
Hope you'll enjoy Antalya and Turkey. Take care and have a nice time. Regards Astrid

Antalya

Thank you so much Astrid...you have been very helpful :-)
Leif

you're welcome :-)