New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the New Zealand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in New Zealand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi there I am  Sanat Sheth
I am planning to move to Newzealand. I have done my Graphic design degree from India and then studied in UK and did my BA hons. in Visual communication. Although  since past 10 years  graphic design studio here with a team and a good setup.
My wife has also done her Degree in Graphic Design and has worked in Ogilvy and Mather for  4 years as Art Director with International Awards won. Currently she runs a Art School coaching 100 kids .
We are looking to either take up a job at a art director or Creative Director level in advertising company in NewZealand or Set up our own business of graphic studio there.
kindly guide me with the market scenario in both cases.

Hello everybody,

My wife and I are planning to emigrate from South Africa towards the end of the year.  We currently hold a PR for Australia but at the moment we're strongly considering NZ as our new home. 

We've never been to NZ and we'll be doing a look, see, decide trip in August to obtain first hand knowledge of the country and the opportunities available there.

I'm a SA qualified lawyer with 17 years post qualification experience (the last 11 years in a large energy corporate) and my wife is a forensic auditor. We're prepared to roll up our sleeves and do whatever is necessary to build a new life.

Hello,
I'm Gherardo I'm 22, I'm from Italy I would like to come to New Zealand for one year, I have been a waiter and a barman for 3 years. The idea to move there makes me fell excited!!!!!

Hi frnds I want to start new Busniess in newzeland plz give me some ideas wht I can start there so I can move from India to newzeland
Thanks..

Hello All.. I am very excited to come across this forum. I am a Sales and marketing professional with over 9 years of work ex in various industries and have a PGD from Welingkars Univ in International Business and Marketing. I live in Mumbai, India and am planning to move to NZ. Currently just weighing options and checking out the procedures, opportunities available and requirements. Any inputs, ideas in the steps to take, people i could speak to and the kind of living arrangements available would be really helpful !

Thank you !

Warm Regards..

Kia ora, we are a mixed Kiwi-Indonesian couple currently living in Bali.  Febrina is a talented musician [www.febrinaviolin.com] and originally from Pematang Siantar (North Sumatra) - Batak country :) She is excited but also apprehensive about the move to NZ & hoping to find her Indonesian (spicy) food there.
Bevan left NZ 18 years ago and has lived in Thailand, China, Egypt, Sudan, Australia, Singapore & Indonesia with a long period in the US also. 
In many respects both Febrina and I will be experiencing "living" in NZ for the first time.  Last time I was living in Auckland I was a student and could live off $20/week and you could buy $5 jugs of beer at Shadows...how things have changed (for me & for NZ).
While my family & friends are all in NZ we are looking to meet other international people in similar positions who are/have been going through the similar "culture shock" we are anticipating as we get used to NZ culture, lifestyle & food.
We look forward to meeting a few new faces in the coming year.

Cheers & all the best for your journey into beautiful Aotearoa - The Land of the Long White Cloud
Bevan & Febrina

Hi All,

I am Eric and I am absolutely fascinated by NZ, your gorgeous country. I am a citizen of USA but it has been a lifelong dream, since I was about 12, to visit NZ, particularly Wellington.

I am glad to have found this forum. I am a new member and plan on learning as much as I can about NZ and it's culture prior to planning a visit sometime soon. If anyone wants to share any insight, please reach out to me on my Facebook Page via a private message.

Many thanks,
Eric

Hello all beautiful members of this forum, I am Aster, currently been staying in Auckland for 2 weeks, I'd be gladly getting to know new people living around my area. If you're up for chit chat and keen to make a friendship. Let me know ☺️

hello ,
I am from Nepal .I have just finished my high school studies in science .I further want to study in new Zealand because I love nz so much and its study style...I want to study and work here in nz...please help me to get visa and its ways.please help me.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic + please start a new topic on the forum New Zealand with your questions

Groete en mag die Here een en elk van julle seen.
My naam is Martin, ek oorleef in Durban. Ek bid elke dag dat ek die voorreg sal gegee word om n normale samelewing soos daar on Nieu Seeland, kan ek indink, te kan werk en lewe.
Ek is werksaam as n spysenier. Werkgeleenthede hier raak by die dag skraler wil dit my voorkom.
Ek is alleenlopend en vestig my aandag op die Skepper.
Enige hulp dat ek bevoorreg sal wees om na daardie mooi land te kan verhuis sal baie waardeer word.

Hi people. Am from Nigeria and am planning to relocate to NZ with my husband.. Just want to make friends so ur won't be boring when we get there.

To all who are privileged to call New Zealand "Home" I envy in a good way. I am working towards joining the 'Family of beautiful' people of this wonderful place so that I may live in peace in one of the world's best countries. Wish me luck!

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : please write only in english on the anglophone New Zealand forum.

Hello there Martinphoenix,

Welcome on board  :)

Can you please re introduce yourself in english so that every member understands you ?

It will be kind of you,
Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hello Everyone,

This is Harsh and I am currently putting up in Delhi. Working in Telecom domain as a Technical Manager.
I decided to move to NZ under Skilled Migrant Category and my application is in final stage at NZ Immigration Office, London. Interview conducted by CO on 25/08 and as per CO result to be intimated within 2 weeks. Awaiting final outcome and fingers crossed!!.
So, would like to further discuss with people who are already in NZ or people planning to move there about their experiences, Job opportunities, living, dos and donts etc !!
Lets start :)

Hey...harsh,
Good luck for the result. We got residency on July and planning to move by early Jan.
Thanks,

thanks shabana..

hi to all ,
I am from Mauritius. I am planning to move to new Zealand because I love nz so much...Can anyone please guide me in the proccess to be able to have a PR. I don't have a clue how to work this out and where to start.
Waiting for your response.

Hi, I'm an American living in New Zealand. I'd like to connect with more expats. :)

Well, hello there!

I'm Raquel Evangelista and I'm from Portugal.
I wish to move to New Zealand and wish for it becomes my new HOME. I would love to find a job there, maybe in the Turism field or in a Restaurant.
I have a Marketing (Marketing for Tourism) degree and I love to travel. I've always wanted to go to New Zealand and now, in my life, it feels right. It's like, it's the best oportunity is now.  :rolleyes:
I hope I'll find some help and I wish you all the best. For those who are trying as well, and for those wo already are an expat.  :)

Thank you.  :heart:

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529758

Thanks!

Closed