Brazilian cuisine

Hi,

When living abroad, tasting the local cuisine is part of discovering the country.

What is your favorite food in Brazil?

What is the local speciality?

Share with us the local tastes of Brazil and why not your best recipe.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0H73w8SFu9dwr1cHR20v1WfYoZUxOBLm91e9VC7rsNMWzgFvEWell, finally a topic that I can sink my teeth into (pun intended)!!!

The day-to-day Brazilian diet is certainly nothing to write home about, mostly meat or chicken, beans and rice. However, that is not to say that there aren't some sensational regional dishes that aren't absolutely spectacular. In fact that is one of the things that I love most about this country, the wide variety of gastronomic delights and the regional variations on the theme.

There are dishes in this country that will remain in your memory and make your mouth water, long after their unique flavor has faded from your palate. There are dishes for every taste and dietary need, ranging from the quintessential Brazilian churrasco (barbecue) with its special nuances from one state to another, to exceptional fish and seafood dishes especially from the northeast, vegetarian dishes that would satisfy even the most discerning palates. The list is virtually endless.

One of my all-time favorite dishes, and you should try it too, it's a black bean based dish with various cuts of meat and sausage (don't be overly concerned about the ingredients like pigs ears, tails and feet) try it anyway... it is a true taste sensation. In my opinion this "slave" dish was the very best thing that the Brazilian, rubber, cotton, and industrial barons ever did for the Afro-Brazilian slaves.

Check out the following three topic threads showing some of my recipes and you'll see exactly what I mean about the incredible cuisine that makes this great nation world famous.

TRADITIONAL BRAZILIAN RECIPES

Traditional Brazilian Sweets

My Traditional Brazilian Recipes for your Christmas Dinner

I love cooking and in the thirteen plus years I've lived here I have really developed the knack of Brazilian style cooking. I've made almost all of the recipes shown here myself and they're truly wonderful. I've been told that I could hold my own against any born Brazilian at the churraqueira (barbecue grill). It is an acquired art, one that isn't at all easy to pick up.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

bestbrazilianrecipes.com/

Hello Pertencer,

Sorry, but in order to prevent issues with SPAM new members are not able to post outside links. This is one of the protective features of our Automated Anti-Spam System.

Members must participate on the forums for a while before their private message privileges are activated too. That means a minimum number of significant postings (new topics or replies to existing topics). Also an introduction on the forum would also be nice.

Cheers
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

If are adapted to salty meat and very strong coffee, then you would love Porto Alegre and Rio Grande so Sul.  I could live well without ever eating beef or pork, but it is delicious here.  Also, I´ve become a big fan of the local tangerines which seem to change every two weeks throughout their 6-month season.  The limes and mangoes are great, and the artisenal beer scene has become huge here.  If you like to cook at home and can incorporate the flavors of lime in your dishes, Porto Alegre is good and affordable.

hello, i am interesting for brazilian cuisine, i want to know the informations for recipes please

Did you check the recipes linked in posting No. 2 on this topic? That would be a good start.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

PICANHA !!!!!!!!!