Insurance on Bali for expats

I need some advices regarding insurance. If I am Russian can I buy additional  insurance from the local Insurance company?
Which quality of the medicine on Bali  now?

Hi Halbina, yes you can buy insurance from local companies if you have KITAS.

Actually, there are many international companies with FSA license in Indonesia that provide good health cover, including medical evacuation and cashless system. The premiums are in Rupiah,  and are very affordable.

Bali has several great hospitals that provide professional medical treatment, with international standard equipments, and practiced by professional doctors.

Hi Habina,

Yes you can buy Health Insurance policies in Bali.

There are individuals on the blogs about Insurance on Expatblog who are not aware of the requirements of Indonesian law and are recommending foreign Insurance companies that are not compliant to Indonesian Insurance law. Several of the local brokers also advertise foreign companies that are not legally registered. You should request a written confirmation from the broker that the company they are proposing is compliant,

The new laws are stringent and were activated July 17th, but they have been a requirement for many years,

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I can highly recommend these folks who have been around since the year 2000 and have been handling a great majority of expats here on Bali.

http://balimedicalinsurance.com/who-are-we/

Please note that a KITAS visa is not required to purchase or to be covered under any of the medical insurance plans that they offer. 

Based on my own personal experience and knowledge acquired from my many years as a professional actuarial underwriter for the Prudential (the real one based in the US), I highly recommend William Russell.  You can tailor a plan specific to your needs, and I suggest taking one with a high deductible in order to keep your premiums low. 

All the hospitals in Bali allow for assignment of benefits, thus they will handle the claims filing procedures for you. 

Cheers!