CPR Processing

I got the GC and due date on May 5,2014. planning to come denmark by April 1.2014. Can i get the CPR registered by this beofre May 5? I have the accommodation ready with my friend in denmark.

Hi everyone,

New to Expat.com. A quick question regarding the proof of residence letter needed for the CPR registration on arrival in Denmark.
A friend of mine who lives in Copenhagen (i will be living with him) has provided me with a letter declaring my residence at his accommodation, as I would be sharing the room with him until i find a room of my own in a few months.
Would a letter from him suffice or is there a specific format that is required to be submitted?

I would be arriving in a weeks time(on a Green Card Work Permit) so a quick response would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
Arjun M

Hi Arjun,

I am also in same situation as yours. Can you please share your experience and suggestion for same?

Regards,
Devendra

A letter is acceptable only from the landlord of the accommodation.
I would recommend you requesting the landlord to come with u to the kommune while registering for CPR - only if your agreement is not as per the required standards.
CPR registration takes about 20 minutes but try to go early during the day. The same day u will get CPR number and ur residence card will be mailed to the address. Before ur visa expires, try to register for CPR.