Resident Card

Dear Concern

Pls help with below details:

How much time does it take a resident card onve you arrive in Oman on Work visa? After that how much time does it take to get Family Visa.

Regards

andy79 wrote:

Dear Concern

Pls help with below details:

How much time does it take a resident card onve you arrive in Oman on Work visa? After that how much time does it take to get Family Visa.

Regards

Hello andy79,

Upon your arrival at the Muscat International Airport, your Visa will be stamped saying that you must register yourself before 30 days of your arrival at the Directorate General of Passport and Residence.

Check out some details here http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_passport_visas.asp

On registering, you will be given your Resident Card across the counter.

Usually companies would send the new employee along with the company PRO and finish with all the formalities within about a week's time.

It takes only about a day, or maximum 2 to apply for and get a Family Joining and Family Residence Visa.

Mr. Sumithran,

Greetings!

Thanks for all your replies. :)

Thanks & Regards

hi,

i have joined here in a design studio and they dont have a PRO the owner himself sometimes does that job as well. so is there anyway i can get resident card easily? and is the medical test compulsory before getting resident card and after arriving to oman?

arharsh46 wrote:

hi,

i have joined here in a design studio and they dont have a PRO the owner himself sometimes does that job as well. so is there anyway i can get resident card easily? and is the medical test compulsory before getting resident card and after arriving to oman?

Hi arharsh46,

Getting a resident card is simple enough as it is.

There is nothing simpler, if the required paperwork is all in place.

Yes, the medical test is indeed compulsory before the resident card can be issued - blood sample to be provided at the government's Ministry of Health clinic in Darasit.

Dear Sumitran,

Thanks a lot for reliving some of my tension. Can you please let me what papers would I require? As I think I will have to give the list to the owner and have to prepare all by myself only.

arharsh46 wrote:

Dear Sumitran,

Thanks a lot for reliving some of my tension. Can you please let me what papers would I require? As I think I will have to give the list to the owner and have to prepare all by myself only.

Hi arharsh46,

Don't get mixed up with what you are expected to do, and what you are not.

Getting the required papers ready for your resident card application is not your responsibility. It is your sponsor / company's. So let them do it.

In any case, as an expatriate you have no access to any of these government establishments on your own. Only the company PRO is allowed entry. So don't even bother trying.

Dear Sumitran,

That is the problem, we dont have an PRO and the director of the company who is an american doesnt know exact formalities.

arharsh46 wrote:

Dear Sumitran,

That is the problem, we dont have an PRO and the director of the company who is an american doesnt know exact formalities.

Hi arharsh46,

It is still not your problem.

Your company must have a local sponsor. Let him sort it out.

In any case, by yourself, you cannot do anything.