Best neighborhoods to live in Galati

Hi,

Does anyone know which are the best neighborhoods to live in Galati? I'll be moving there in September and will probably stay there until early 2017, so I'm looking for a nice place to live (even if it's a bit more expensive) with supermarkets, restaurants and some parks. Also, is parking or traffic a problem in Galati or can one easily cross town even in rush hour?

And is there an "expat neighborhood" in the city? My town has some places which are preferred by the expat community and I'm wondering if Galati would be the same.

Hope to hear from you guys soon with some input on this.

Hello 6double6,

Welcome to the Galati forum  ;)

The following article will surely give you some hints about the neighborhoods in Galati, you will have an overview of the popular ones.

- Accommodation in Galati

Best of luck, ;)
Bhavna

Hi, I think that the best choice for you is to choose the city central area! The parking is free and you will find buses and taxi so basically you don't need a car if you don't have emergency problems! The price to rent an apartment will be around 350 400 euros plus utilities, you can add 100 euros! The city center is prefered by the expats because you can find there cafe, pubs, restaurants, hotels basically everything you need but no big supermarket! Hope it s good for youthis advice!