New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Singapore forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Singapore if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi,

I'm new here. I'll be in Singapore probably by 3rd week of July.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in the Housing in Singapore section

hi, am a psychiatric nurse in Ghana considering options to come and work at Singapore

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please post your ad in the classifieds section

Hi all, I work in advertising :) would love to make new friends here.

Hey there! I'm a newbie here but I've been living in Singapore for 9 years now. I just started my personal blog and I would like to meet new friends here. See you all :)

Nice to meet you all.

live in Singapore for almost 10 years..

Hello all,

I am from Romania and I stay here in Singapore for 6 months, until December. Nice city :D

hi..
i am nirosha sanjeewani from sri lanka.
i would like to be friendly with you.if you are interested please reply me.

:)

Hello guys! I am Marc from France - alsmost 30. I lived in London for a few years and now moved with my company in SIngapore. I work in finance (very standard i know..)..I know few people around so am keen to meet others!

Hiya, just a young girl exploring the fun of studying abroad .

Hi everyone, my name is Michael. I'm from the Philippines and been staying here in SG for almost 7-8 yrs now. I have a passion for sports, tech stuffs, and loves to travel. :) I am an entrepreneur and coach a team of entrepreneurs as well. I would love to meet positive, energetic, and like-minded people as well. If I can be of service or any help, feel free to contact me. Looking forward to meeting new friends here! :)

Hi everyone

My name is jiyoung kim. I also newbie here ^^
I'm korean and moved to singapore 2 month ago.
I got a job which is wine company. and like to teach korean and korean culture!
I wanna make friends in SG

Thanks

Hello everyone!
Me and my girlfriend are Italian and we are planning for a year that when she has completed the university we will open an import / export of Italian food products in Singapore, starting with Parma ham and then expand to other product.
We will have to move to Singapore in July 2016, after following an English course that we would to do so in Thailand/Cambogia to save.
:top:

Hi everybody,
Me and my boyfriend will have to move from Italy to Singapore in July 2016, here we would like to import italian food.
Before that we would following an English course in Thailand/Cambogia to save.

:cheers:

I am from Kolkata, I will be moving to Singapore in September end. I have a lot of enthusiasm and queries. Hope team members can help. I am going to Singapore on Employment Pass and have been offered a job there.

hello expats :)..
I'm pretty new to Singapore, came last week here and looking for friends to explore beautiful Singapore and have some gala time.

Hi. I am Scot living in the USA but moving to Singapore next year. Any advice on hoouses and cars is very welcome.

Hello Good day to all,
Im Bala from Kuala Lumpur and in Spore for 3 months , i'm looking for friend to chat and hang out.
If intrested pls reply me or you may also text  me *. Have a nice day.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

Hi all, I'm a Digital Media Recruiter in Singapore.

I work with the best Tech companies in digital marketing in hiring the best talents.

I only navigate within Media, hence anything outside of that I may not be able to assist.

Do hit me up with a message if you are in the same field and keen to chat. I'm here for networking purpose.

Best,
AL

Hi everyone,

I am 29 and I come from Italy. I visited this nice city twice. I am staying in Singapore until the 23th of August. I would like to make friends here. If you have the same mind, let's get in touch.   :)

Zeolite wrote:

Hi. I am Scot living in the USA but moving to Singapore next year. Any advice on hoouses and cars is very welcome.

My advice: Forget about houses and cars unless you have A LOT of money to burn. You will live in an apartment and use taxis/public transport while in Singapore, just like everybody else!

Hi, Moving to Singapore next month.  Looking for advice on what to bring eg linen, sheets, towels, Doona etc (I have a small relocation allowance! So I can bring some excess baggage).  I would only want to bring items which are expensive there.  Not on a big salary and dont want to outlay heaps settling in.  We are hoping to rent fully furnished.
Any help appreciated.

Hi everybody!
I'm Jessie, I'm Vietnamese girl, currently living in Ho Chi Minh city but intending to go to Singapore to find a job there in the first of October.

I had experienced in Marketing, worked as a Trade Markerting/brand assistant position and also had a bit knowledge in Marketing Online such as Google Ads, Digital Marketing.
Do not know what will happen, whether I can get a job in Singapore or not but....just try. Hope the luck will smile to me!

hi
I am a female from pakistan. I have done masters in English as well as LLB ( Law graduate). I want to work in singapur. My expertise are creative writing, teaching of international Law and English. Kindly guide me for the job opportunities.
Thanks

Seemeen wrote:

hi
I am a female from pakistan. I have done masters in English as well as LLB ( Law graduate). I want to work in singapur. My expertise are creative writing, teaching of international Law and English. Kindly guide me for the job opportunities.
Thanks

The topic of finding jobs in Singapore is discussed several times per week on this forum. You are welcome to read the many hints already given in these other threads and come back if you have more specific questions that are not already answered elsewhere.
Your chance of finding a job greatly depend on how resourceful you are in helping yourself. Good luck!

Hi All, I'm Steven from China and new in singapore just for a couple of days, i work in an internet company, wanna make some new friends here. feel free to contact, thx!

Hello am from Botswana studying at NUS. Just arrived in Singapore. Currently looking for a room to rent and meeting new people. Am a doctor by profession.

Hello everyone. I am new here. I am a singaporean actually hoping to make more overseas friends. Feel free to drop me a message :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and new to expat life.  I'll be moving to Singapore in Q4 2015. 

My hobbies are travelling and music.  I'll be looking for a Brass Band to play with, but I have learned there may only be one (I'll be asking the question somewhere else on the forum)

tdchachas wrote:

Hello am from Botswana studying at NUS. Just arrived in Singapore. Currently looking for a room to rent and meeting new people. Am a doctor by profession.

Hi welcome to Sg! I would recommend u free classifieds at sgadsonline.com for the room rental. Try the advanced search and u may even post yr own ad. Pls dont hesitate to contact me if u need further assistance. Good luck!

aussg wrote:

I'll be looking for a Brass Band to play with, but I have learned there may only be one.

There are many: Almost every school has a military band as extracurricular activity, and there are Chinese brass bands which for some reason aleays play at funerals. Maybe not exactly the kind you're looking for, but that's expat life: be flexible and accept the unexpected!

Hallo,
Just join this forum a while ago. Currently living in Singapore.
If you like diving/snorkeling and traveling especially in Indonesia, feel free to drop me a message.

Hi,

Am kiran from India looking for relocation and sponsorship to be in Singapore and have my journey ahead.

Have 3.5 years of experience into US health care (Accounts Receivable Process) and also with HSBC.

Could some one please suggest how to start and whom to approach.

Awaiting to hear from you all

Regards

Kiran

kiran Manda wrote:

Could some one please suggest how to start and whom to approach.

Depending on what you mean by sponsorship, you may either have to look for it yourself (i.e. finding an employer) or you won't find it at all (i.e. a person who privately sponsors your visa.
Maybe you can b more specific about what you actually want, and what you expect from us here on a public Internet forum.

Hi I'm Michal,

I've just come to Singapore and will be looking for a job.

I didn't get to know many ppl so far, anyone fancying a newbie meet up?:)

cheers

Hi all,
I'm new member of this forum. I moved to Singapore a month ago. I'm from Finland but I moved here from Shanghai where I lived for two years. While in Shanghai I wrote a blog . Since I'm now here in Singapore I began with my new blog in English.

We'll stay in touch!

Milla (Singapore Lily)  :top:

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Message edited - No free ads for your blog please

Hi im julie  hernia im looking expat exployer.. im been here in Singapore  for 4years..

Welcome! I am a Singaporean. Singapore is a very convenient and safe city. I'm a HR and English professional here with many expat friends. Happy to help someone in need.

Closed