New members of the Azerbaijan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Xiii1726 > you should please avoid duplicate post, I see you already asked the question on a new topic which is a good idea and hope you will receive advise soon > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=432992

I am currently an MS student .
Studying oil and Gas engineering(MS).
I live in Baku presently
I am a Cameroonian.
I hold a BS in Geology and Diploma in Petroleum Technology.
From University of Buea,Cameroon

I am Fluent in both English and French Language.

I love teaching, football and volleyball

Hi Camrr, welcome to Azerbaijan

Hi Owen and Roland! Both of you- welcome to Azerbaijan. I would like to be asked any question about Azerbaijan culture

My name is Florence, I would like to visit Azerbaijan for about a month or two. I want know if the people of Azerbaijan do welcome Nigerians and if they treat Nigerians well. I would also want to know if it is possible to settle there in Azerbaijan, are there job opportunities e.t.c

Thanks
i am beginning the like it here

Hi Ronald. Do you have any question or do you need any advise her? I would be glad to help. Raul

Hi there!

Looking for friends for socializing research in this city  :cheers:

prabu_selvam wrote:

A resourceful civil engineer who is vastly experienced in construction sector in projects having strong academic and wide knowledge base together with rich, pioneering experience.

Constructed in Gas plant, Airport buildings, High rise buildings, Villas, Hotels, Commercial complex, Office buildings, Road works, and major Infrastructure works.

A methodical team leader possessing outstanding communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills with demonstrable problem solving abilities.

Re: New members of the Azerbaijan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi!

Probably we can collaborate in an architectural lighting theme for roads, landscapes, parks, buildings, villas, hotels and other.
We already have a work experience with construction companies here for a different projects, like Cultural centre of Heyder Aliyev, White City, Flame Towers, ADA Campus and others. Please contact me in private messages.

Sincerely.

Hi everybody,

I will like to remind you all that this topic has been created for the new members, they came here in order to introduce themselves.

Therefore, if you have some questions to ask, it would be best if you can create a new thread for more visibility please.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I am Yannick Agbor and from Cameroon.
I have been here for Two months now but still i don`t know anything about Baku except the city centre.
Please can you guys organize a meeting so that we can even get to know each other?
Its as though i am alone in a strange Land.

Hello! I'm Veronica! Live in Argentina and had a recent offer to move to AZ

Owen, are you already here?

hii

i am working in india as plant engineer in india
i want to get any job in Azerbaijan.
if something suitable for me then you can let me know.

thanks

@ satish1st > This topic concerns the introduction of the new members.

For job request, do note that you are advised to post in the Jobs in Azerbaijan section and not on the forum please.

Thank you

Hey.
Well, my name is Emil and from Azerbaijan, so I'm not an expat. Graduated from Cardiff University and here to help, to share or just to socialize. Will try to do my best in order to help. I know the feeling. It's not easy here(aze), you can't find what you are looking for online. Poor google maps ant etc. So, don't be shy. Just ask. Here to help.

Hi Florence,

Well, hm, it's shame for me, but people here discriminate you based on your skin color(even if they don't admit that). But it doesn't mean they will beat you or anything like that. They usually joking around, call you ("hey, nigro!") and try to make fool of you. And police is not often helpful(because even they are like "them") But it doesnt mean always, but very often it's disturbing.

Hi Helen,

Well, anyway it will be a new city for you, so I don't really know what to suggest. You can easily find tourist attractions on Google. But if you are looking for specific something (like national cuisine restaurant just ask. Hm, for sporting equipment I would recommend United Sport. Located right in the city center.(Rashid Behbudov street). But please be aware that prices will be higher than expected. Or you can visit other shopping centers (far from city center) which I won't recommend. Try not to go such places alone or without local guardian.

Hello, Aeleimusad, i was shocked by your comment about color discremination. Because i doot think as your obsers. Be sure, people do not think anything bad, they just are interested beacause there are a few colored people here (unfortunality). For example myself i doute colored people. They are so nice and handsome. I also ready always to give any question about Baku and Azerbaijan with great pleasure and meet with expats for a cup of coffee and have a talk. I always wished to have colored friend as well. Best wishes Raul

Hi everybody,

We are drifting off topic here.

Please note that this thread has been created for the new members only, they came here to introduce themselves.

If you wish to discuss about an another matter related to expatriation, it would be best if you can create a new thread on the Azerbaijan forum please.

Thank you

Hello.my name is Azad. I born and raise in Baku but about 20 years I live in San Francisco, California. Recently moved to Baku due to family emergency and will stay here for a while. I suggest you to signed up to InterNations organization for expat on there website. It's very helpfull. You will find a lots of friend and activists because we get together Ince or twice a month at very popular places in the city. Don't gesitate to contact me if you have any questions Phine/

Hi All...

I'm Shelly from Indonesia and i've been stayed in Baku probably almost 1 year.
I'm a housewife, and now still try to find out my hobbies bcause getting bored hereeee...
actually i looking for a job but not sure what kind a major it cause of language.

Hello All,

Please note that some posts has been removed from this thread as they were  :offtopic:

Thank you,
Marjorie

Hi . I am from Azerbaijan. I am 31 year old economist.
Looking for new friends. Sometimes life gets bored. So new places, new actions and new friends are always needed.

If any assistance needed dont hesitate to ask me.
Enjoy your stay in Baku. Have a good day/

Dear All!! I'm from Azerbaijan! I live in Baku... and working as guide with tourists. Can help to expats as Translator, Guide and also help find and rent apartments in Baku.

Hi All ! Just moved to Baku from Istanbul, Turkey. Wish u best  :)

Hi,

Am Indonesian and live in Baku as well

I am a more mature lady, moving to Baku in the next couple of months with my husband who has accepted an assignment there.  I have 3 older children who are in Amsterdam, Geneva and Austin so they have "fled the nest so to speak.  I have always worked and would like to find a part time job in Baku.  My experience is in Human Resources but i have many skills and am native English so I believe there must be some opportunities out there.  I also need to find accommodation for us - hopefully in the centre of Baku, an apartment with balconies/terraces, secure building, communal pool/gym, minimum 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, furnished and modern.  Of course, heating, airco, wifi, cable tv - all the necessities.

I am Tah Bless from Bamenda Cameroon and  an a currently playing soccer in Cameroon . I  wish to come and continue playing soccer in Azerbaijan . I don't know if there are any opportunities there

My name is zahid khan' going to Baku next week'' I m looking for my country who could tell me about baku

Greetings to all. I have come to Azerbaijan from Russia and already 4 year for my living here. Due to some problems i want to leave Baku, because of my education abroad)

Hi all,
I am from Istanbul.
I have just come to Baku to visit my husband. I will stay with him for a while- during the summer period and more perhaps. 
I have been working as a free-lance/part-time senior advisor position on the humanitarian aid field.
- linkedin.com/pub/zeynep-m-turkmen-sanduvac/5/a61/b21
I have just recently accomplished my work travels and commitments and arrived in Baku.
I have wondered this blog and tried to experience it. I would like to learn about blog members' Baku daily life experiences on 'things to do', and moreover to ask and  learn about my wonderings about Baku-Azerbaijan.

Hi. My name is Lala Talishli. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please post an advert in the Jobs in Azerbaijan section

Recently i became a widow.my son 's business and 20 yrs ago my sister lived there was the reason i wanted to move to baku. I remember the weather in baku  was good and london being the rip off city of the  world . Its a good chance to be there and i love to make new friend wt expat or local or whatever

Hello to everyone,

My name is Gunel, live in Baku and I'm looking for a teacher of business English, preferably native speaker.

Waiting for suggestions.

Best regards,
Gunel

Im a newbie here in baku...looking for friends

Hi,
I am from Islamabad, Pakistan. I have an scholarship opportunity to pursue PhD at Khazar University, Baku, Azerbaijan. Can you please guide/provide me the some details about monthly income, expenses and job opportunity?

Looking forward to hearing from you..
Thank You

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links on the forum not authorised.

Hi i am adnan from india i have a visa to azerbaijan if somebofy helps me flr a job or receive me at airport becaus i am new to this country thanking you

Potentially coming to Baku to study in September...not sure yet.......still trying to cumulate money for my living expenses....no luck so far.. but yeah....i like wha ti have seen so far... lets hopes it becomes a reality....cheers

Muhammadarslan wrote:

Hi,
I am from Islamabad, Pakistan. I have an scholarship opportunity to pursue PhD at Khazar University, Baku, Azerbaijan. Can you please guide/provide me the some details about monthly income, expenses and job opportunity?

Looking forward to hearing from you..
Thank You

Hey, I might come to study as well. Should yo get this information, could you please relay it to me as well..Thank you. Have a scholarship but zero money...broke....want a potential job to make cover at least rent

Closed