Herbs and Lavender

Hi, I'm moving to Jeddah in a couple of weeks. I'm just wondering if you can buy herbs plants and Lavender plants? I've seen some of the posts about garden centres but didn't see mention of herbs. Thanks!

Hey,
When it comes to growing herbs plants here in Jeddah ,you have two options;

Buying the imported ones (mainly form Holand) that are available in supermarkets like Danube  in the vegetable and fruits section. They are indoor type of plants and will last for few weeks.

The second option is to grow them in your garden, now this will be a challenge…you can grow them between Oct-June and then the summer heat will kill most of them. You can grow them from seeds or buy the plants important from Jordan or grown locally in Taif City.

This week I lost to heat my Lavender, Rosemary, Sage, Parsley, Peppermint , Pink Salvia and Coriander (the same scenario happened last year around July)  :(:sosad:

The ones that are still surviving (have been since last year) Thyme, Local Mint, Habag (local mint from Madinah Area, a local favorite ) basil, Ginger, lemon Basil, lemon grass and Arugula