Adopt a cat and enjoy your life in Egypt

Dear everybody,

I'm an animal rights activist and all the time I find cats and kittens needing homes and about to be homeless because their owners are about to travel outside Egypt.

It makes me really worried and disappointed when I see a cat or a kitten about to be homeless and suffer in the streets. Some people rescued cats who lost and eye or a leg in the streets because they were raised in a home and know nothing at all about the streets. All of a sudden they found themselves homeless because no one offered to adopt them.

If you want to adopt a cat who will entertain you in Egypt and make your life very sweet, please contact me whether on my e-mail [email protected] or by sending a message to my inbox and I will help you adopt a cat FOR FREE whether you are in Cairo or Alexandria.

It's not human at all to increase the number of cats in the streets. So, if you have a cat and you are travelling, please let's know about him/her well in advance. At least a month before you travel.

I saw cats and kittens who suffered a lot in the streets, one of which had a half-cutten neck and died just some days after the shelter in Alexandria rescued her. Now, even this shelter is closed. And, the shelters in Cairo are too crowded with cats and kittens to the degree that most of them can't receive new cats.

Please, help by adopting a cat or a kitten or telling your friends. If you want to adopt a cat or a kitten, kindly send me an e-mail to refer you to the owners of the cat.

Now, 5 kittens are available for adoption, 2 of which need home urgently. This is their picture, the 2 on the left were adopted and the 2 on the right, male and female are waiting for a home, they are sweet, playful and very kind

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs412.ash2/69093_132674316783338_100001223126268_188539_3514913_n.jpg

Please help adopt them out if you can or adopt them. Remember, life is so much fun with the company of a cat, especially when you are alone in another country needing a faithful friend.

Thank you so much for your interest.

I already have 4 cats at my place at the moment so i cant adopt but i am gonna spread the word and give your email as well for any one who might be interested.

just make sure that no one will take them and sell them or something greedy like this..

good luck..

Ahmad Khallaf wrote:

I already have 4 cats at my place at the moment so i cant adopt but i am gonna spread the word and give your email as well for any one who might be interested.

just make sure that no one will take them and sell them or something greedy like this..

good luck..

Animal rights activists don't sell cats. They are up for adoption FOR FREE. 3 other cats were adopted yesterday for free also. One of which is PURE-BREED Egyptian Mau, adopted by a british friend of mine along with a black and white cat and she's so happy with them but they are still hiding behind the curtains, scared because they didn't get used to the house yet. Thanks for helping and I completely appreciate your reply.

I would like to thank the administration of this forum a lot for allowing me to help expats find cats to adopt for free in Egypt. Cats are the most faithful friends, especially that expats are away from their home land.

Thanks to the forum, kittens and cats will find homes instead of ending in the streets after a good life.

I would like to thank also everyone who appreciated the case. Someone was as sweet to send me a thank you and asked me if I need help to contact him. Actually, all the help I need is to spread the work so that cats are taken fast instead of ending in the streets because some people are hasty enough to just throw cats if they are travelling.

Also, any expat who has a cat for adoption and is leaving Egypt, please put an ad about it on the classified section so that someone will adopt him/her. Put the ad well in advance, at least a month before you leave Egypt. And, if you failed, please contact me to refer you to the shelters in Cairo.

I hope that we work together for the sake of mercy and animal welfare.

Thanks again for the forum administration. I appreciate your understanding of the case.

anyone interested in the above cats? Just spread the word.

Other kittens offered for adoption

FREE gray-white Egyptian kittens offered for adoption. They are five months old, trained and playful.

Hi egylover4ever! :) You should post an advert under Egypt classifieds > community - pets section as well. Thank you. ;)

Thanks Christine. You are very sweet. I advertised the kittens there as well but I wanted to make a general topic because almost every couple of days, new cats and kittens need homes, so I found it more public and easier to reach people to send a general topic here and I still advertise in the Classified section.

Thanks again and I appreciate your comment

Anyone interested in adopting cats or kittens, please contact me as soon as possible.2 kittens found homes and another kitten found home through the website. More than 5 cats left.

Hello all, maybe we should get back to the initial subject of the discussion? :)

hello egylover4ever;

its so sweet of you what u r doing for homeless cats , and i know it takes a lot of effort, also i wonder if u can help me?
i have 9 cats and i want to give 5 of them for nice people 4 of them are egyptian cats and one is siamies , the problem is i have a garden and they"r used to go out and live thier normal life , evrytime somebody asks me to take one i feel so guilty that they will be locked at home? do you think its going to be easy to find people with gardens to take them in?
and do you think i am right to think they will be sad at flats? i know u have enough to do with what u alredy have , but they become too much 4 me to look after as i"am worried they will get pregnanat soon .
thank u so much

suzana

suzana wrote:

hello egylover4ever;

its so sweet of you what u r doing for homeless cats , and i know it takes a lot of effort, also i wonder if u can help me?
i have 9 cats and i want to give 5 of them for nice people 4 of them are egyptian cats and one is siamies , the problem is i have a garden and they"r used to go out and live thier normal life , evrytime somebody asks me to take one i feel so guilty that they will be locked at home? do you think its going to be easy to find people with gardens to take them in?
and do you think i am right to think they will be sad at flats? i know u have enough to do with what u alredy have , but they become too much 4 me to look after as i"am worried they will get pregnanat soon .
thank u so much

suzana

Dear Suzana,

I am so happy to have your comment. My advice is make the cats indoor cats only because in the garden they may catch disease. They have to be vaccinated to go out in the garden and still the probability for them to catch disease is still higher. Egypt is different in this respect than the west. In the west, one can allow his/her cats out and feel ok because the environment is cleaner than over here. Still in the west, most cats who are allowed out die in accidents, from diseases, or even stollen. I don't recommend allowing cats out at all.

In the garden, some plants are toxic to cats. The vaccinations of cats doesn't cover all the diseases. So, it's healthier to keep them in. Most cats are happy indoor if you get them something to substitute their hunting instinct. Get them balls of different sizes to play with (to hunt). Spend some minutes every day to play with them with ropes.

If the house is wide enough for them to move and run, they won't be sad at all. Buy them a cat tree to climb and jump on. Their getting out to the garden and then in again inside the house will make the house a mess because their feet will not be clean since they touched the mud in the garden.

Try to keep them in for a week without allowing them out and get them the things to play with along with rugs to scratch. Put the rug upside down (it's face to the ground and the hard part up for the cat to scratch), and see if they will adapt.

In case they don't adapt and you decide to adopt them out, please send me their pictures and your contact number to my inbox and put a copy of the pictures here in the topic and in the classified ads along with your contact number.

As for the Siamese cat, there's a guy called Rob wanting to adopt a Siamese kitten. If you live in Cairo, please let me know to send you his contact number and send him your contact number so that he adopts it.

As for the Egyptian mau cats, I am sure that the expats will love them a lot and love to adopt them and I will also search for people who can adopt them.

dear egylover4ever;

thank u so much for your quick, decent and cooperative respond, i know you are right i shouldn"t let them out sp i lost one of my favorite cats last january and it was one of the sadest time of my life and thier vet said to me he ate somthing out , i play with them a lot , got lots of toyes but the male wants to go out after females ,and my favorite female she can give anything to go out " she jump on the keys in the door lock try to open"t " she is hyperactive i call her a nut case,i will try to do what u say , as for simese she is 2 years old & pregnant now she is very friendly and plyfull if he is interested i will send u my contacts and i will take photoes of the others " 5 months old " and put them here , again thanks a lot

A shelter needs foster homes for a number of Egyptian mau and baladi cats and kittens. It's preferable if you can adopt them or one or 2 of them permanently. If you can't, please foster them for a month until we found them homes for adoption.

For more info, please send an e-mail on [email protected]

Do you have kittens now or are you still helping kittens at all? We are moving to our new home in sharouk from Maadi and will get a kitten to go with our one dog one kid family...

I just want to know if you are still helping kittens so i could contact you after we move...

Shorouk city is pretty peaceful I hope you enjoy it here.

We have lots of wild cats here, all looking for nesting places. I'm near one of the gardens and can always see a dozen cats which sort of drive our dog crazy. one of the cats comes on a regular basis then sets on top of the fence and stares down at the dog.

we also have a few foxes roaming the area.

Hi dear,

I read what you'd written years ago, I'm not sure if you still have access to some cats for adoption.
About a month ago I arrived Cairo and live here in Zamalek. I'll be in Egypt for 3 years for my husband's job. I had a Persian kitten before but now I'm alone because I got ring worm frm it and my mom said I have to get rid of the kitten. So, I sold it back to the person that I bought from.

Now, I am looking to either buy or adopt a male Himalayan Seal point chocolate kitten. I don't know where to go or who to ask. I don't know if there is any place that sells Himalayan kittens.
I read your letter by chance and hope that you can help me find a cute male kitten.

Thank you.

I know the beginning is an old thread.
But if you have cats / kittens needing homes - don't give them for gree - charge a nominal amount to get them neutered / spayed - this will help in a small way hat at least you home one cat today - and in 6 months time you have another 8 kittens to home.
I used to do alot of worj with a cat charity in AUH and this was the policy of the charity - we found a couple of vets who we used all the time - and they would charge us less for a spay / neuter op.

I have a beautiful cat for adoption, pls check my add at:

https://www.expat.com/en/classified/afr … ption.html

hello mam sir plss help me adopt my cat 4.

Hi Guys,

Please note that this thread is a bit old here - feel free to start a new topic with all your questions on the Egypt Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hello!

I have been here in Egypt a couple of month and i think Egypt is a very beautiful country! But saddly i have to go back to my country very soon. The problem is that i have 5 cats. 3 of them are 21 weeks, they are brothers. 1 is i think about 4-5 months.( i found him when he was very little and had hurted his leg.) And the last one is 7-8 months. ( he was my first cat here in Egypt and he is very very kind!) I really dont want these cats to be on the street. I called ESMA but they didnt answer me, i even wrote an email to them but they didnt reply...

So i really dont know what to do with my cats... can you help me somehow? 

I live in Medinat Nasr.

And ofcourse they are for free!