New to Vienna with cats: what brands of cat products are available?

I am moving to Vienna with two cats and I would like to know if there are U.S. brands of cat litter and cat food available.  Specific brands would be Tidy Cat, Fancy Feast, Hill's Science Diet, Royal Canin, Purina, Friskies.  If not available in store, is there a way to order online from a site like Pet Meds?  Also I know that canned tuna is available but can you find it packed in water?  Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Brands like  Royal Canin, Purina, Friskies. are ready available in Austria plus a few others that available with in the EU. I think you will find it very hard to have shipped over from America and if there was a slim chance you would find it very expensive.

I am not sure about Cat litter, but there are lots of brands available of ever type.

Tuna in Water, I am not sure, it is available in salt water, that I know. I did see it in Spring water, but that was when i lived in the UK. I guess you can then get it Austria, you will have to look for it though.

Thank you, SimCityAT!  Do you happen to know if there is a full selection of Royal Canin varieties?  I am looking specifically for the hypoallergenic hydrolyzed protein variety.  I also understand there are several different pet stores.  Suggestions as to the best ones?  Thank you.

I don't I am sorry

But I don have an address for where the supplier is and is in Vienna.

Royal Canin
Wolfgang-Pauli-Gasse 3
1140 WIEN

royal-canin.at/katze/

I hope this will be of help.

Simon

Do you have an idea on where you will be living? Which district of Vienna.

I can ask I about then come back to you.

Thank you once again.  I do not know for sure where we will be living but I know we will be in the 22nd district often for work and we have looked at an apartment which I believe is in the 21st district.

I am in the car at the moment, when I've stopped I will have a look and give you some names.

Are you on Facebook? There is an American group in Vienna that have events for expats like you.

Thank you.  I will check out the group.  I look forward to hearing what else you find.

Thank you once again for your responses.  Just wanted to follow up and post that I did find the Royal Canin hypoallergenic diet available through vets.  I also found out that, according to Purina, they do not offer the Tidy Cat brand cat litter in Vienna.  However, I did find another site that said it is available.  I am checking pet store web sites but does anyone have any first-hand knowledge about this or what other U.S. brands of litter are available?  Thank you!

Have you moved here yet or arrived?

We are not yet in Austria.  We hope to be there around the first of October.

OK, please forgive me if I sound out of order, but Austria and the EU where the country is in, is and are not in a third world country. What are you going on about Cat litter Brands?

In fact Austria has better conditions for their pets than the USA does.

I have given you far to much help, only for you to take the p^ss. I really do feel sorry for your cats, because if you really loved them, you would not put them through a 20 hour flight and would have put them with a Pet Carrier, who would have given you all these details.

I do appreciate your help very much and, contrary to what you have expressed, I also love my cats very much and am trying to make the transition as easy as possible for them.  I am fully aware that Austria is not a third-world country and that pets are treated very well.  I ask about specific products because those are what they are used to and, if I need to adjust them to something else, I would like to do it before we get there.  I know the flight will not be easy for them and we are preparing them in every way that we can.  This has been the most stressful part of preparations for this move because I love them and want them to be as comfortable as possible.  Thank you again for your help.

Why not just buy something from their markets. I dont see the difference as it will be cheaper for you and also i think the producs here can beat any product from the US.