How to accompany my wife to oman

Hi all,
I am from india having CA inter qualification with 5 years local experience and  have  receiced the job visa from a reputed hospital group at oman and I would like to join by August 1st week. The offer is salary 425 OMR + accommodation. But no family visa and family accommodation is offered to. But due to some personal reasons,  I would lke to bring my wife to oman within two three months and to live together. She has graduation in commerce.  Can anybody please answer  that my plan would be work or not? if yes, please suggest how to execute my plan.

Liju

for family visa you income must be above 600 OMR.

Thanks for your reply.. If I tried to get a job for her also, then, is it possible for us to stay together?

kovil80 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.. If I tried to get a job for her also, then, is it possible for us to stay together?

Hi kovil80,

Please read the forum for all the details.

Your wife can even come along with you on a visit visa.

Hello Everyone,

Please answer my queries.

1. My Husband's visa does not have my name, but in my visa, I have his name. Do you think that, it may cause any problem when he will apply for family visa for me?

2. Suppose that, he want to add my name in his visa after reaching there (Muscat), is it possible through Indian Embassy or he needs to put the application from India only?

3. I would like to get some job there. Is it possible that on family visa, I can apply for jobs? what about in case of home tutions? I would like to prefer some institute or software development company.

Thanks in advance

Its about my Husband's passport not his visa. Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi kavitaanjaria,

Please find my highlighted comments against your queries below :

1. My Husband's visa does not have my name, but in my visa, I have his name. Do you think that, it may cause any problem when he will apply for family visa for me? - No. As long as you have your proper marriage certificate, that should suffice.

2. Suppose that, he want to add my name in his visa after reaching there (Muscat), is it possible through Indian Embassy or he needs to put the application from India only? - Spouse name cannot be added in the last page of the passport for obvious reasons - it will be laminated. But the name can be endorsed in the inner pages. The same can be done from India or from the Indian Embassy in Muscat.

3. 3. I would like to get some job there. Is it possible that on family visa, I can apply for jobs? what about in case of home tutions? I would like to prefer some institute or software development company. - Most jobs from expatriate women are banned. You can try applying and if you are lucky and if the company has a job clearance for a job you fit in, you can join. But you would have to switch your dependent visa to your employer's sponsorship. You cannot work if you are on a family joining visa. By law, home tuitions are banned too.