PDO Labor clearance

Hi I got my  visa finally ..

Hi sora
I am still waiting for my family visa, actually I am in Gabon to finish my notice within next few days
I sent my papers since 7 July but still waiting.
Pdo is good company so do not worry about work and accommodation, you will find everything easier, because I worked with them 2011-2012

Regards

Hi Okpv
Congratulations

Hi
Just now received my family visa

See in Muscat

All the best

Hi All my friends,

Please pray for everyone who is waiting for LC and VISA. Because this is a month end..... they will give some good news. we will think positive always.....

I will also pray for everyone....... Even i am also in same situation.

Regards,
Arun

Congrats Okpv

Hello okvp.,

Can you tell me how much time it took for your visa plz share your whole process plz.,.

Actually I too send my GAMCA. On 30th of may I was told that they had applied for my visa on 3rd June still no reply. You send your GAMCA on 4th June you got your visa.,

Recently you post that a no.of visas are issued and unfortunately your name was not their from where you got that information of no.of visas.

Hi Qhan..here is the overview of the time it took for me from the start..
Submitted document along with GAMCA -DEC 2014
Obtained LC - 19 th MAY 2015
Re submitted Gamca as validity was over - 4th JUNE
Visa issued -  24th JUNE

Hope this helps

Thanx okvp., for your kind information but I wish to know that how we know that no.of visas issued.

My employer told me that he had applied for my visa, before you but still no response and plz tell me whether my employer can change or give my visa to any other person.

Hi qhan
Sorry, is not like that.
The visa application is online, is not for group and your employer will apply online separately for each person and cannot give to other
The visa status can be tracked online using the application number
You can go to royal police Oman website and check.

Regards

Thanks bro,. Yes I should ask my manager for my application no.and Web application no.hope he will provide.,

Actually he is also getting frustrated for too late process and he ask me to join other company also. So that's y m not asking him again n again.

Plz guide now what to do.

Hi guys, I've landed in Oman. Slept most of the day. :)

Does anyone know what they do at PDO medical on first day? Presume TB test, but what else? I will bring all the paperwork I have, but any other advice? What about food? Don't have much to bring right now. Will there be an opportunity for lunch during Ramadan for new joiners?

Thanks

Hey skibby glad to hear u made it there.
I don't think that u will be able to have any meals during the day for the next comin 18 days, Just pretend that u r on a diet. ;)
Good luck with the tests.
Me still waiting for VISA "last man standing"

To all those who manage to mobilize already. Did you guys faced any difficulties so far?

Hi Sora,
When you are moving to Muscat?
I'll be there by 27 July

congratulations

I am in Muscat also since two weeks

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please post in the jobs section

Hi Friends,

Today i got reply from my manager

"There are some unexpected delays for processing the labour clearance. We have currently recruited couple of people and the next clearance process can be started once we complete all formalities of the recruited people. One of the recruited person is stuck in India for the last two weeks for immigration clearance. We expect the all these issues will be resolved by next week end and then apply for your labour clearance."

Will you tell any suggestion on this?

Hi karam
Also me I am planned to be in Muscat on 27 July at around 4 AM

Regards

Hi rachid,

Good coincidence!
My flight at 8:30 from dubai...will be in Muscat at 9:30 inshallah

Hi karam
Still I didn't buy tickets, normally around 4:00AM arriving time for both Qatar airways or emirates.

See in Muscat inshallah on Tuesday 28 July

Regards

Congratulations my friends

Hello guyz.....

Now 35 days after sending my GAMCA medical report. But no response.

Is their anyone with me  or I am alone?!

My hr told me he had applied for my employment visa civil engineer permit holder.

But can anyone help me. Plz share any information. Even I read whole expatblog comments but I think my case is different one. He applied exactly 1 month before but still no reply.

Dear Qhan
Me too awaiting VISA ,my GAMCA was received on 4th June.  No worries my friend u ain't walk alone.
To be positive, I am expecting to get something tomorrow.

Hi Qhan, Melzein, Include my name.....

I am also same like melzein, i recieved my gamca certificate on 3rd June 2015 and same i send through DTDC courier to oman on 4th june 2015. And my manger received my courier on  9th june 2015. Same time they confirmed me by end June month you will get the LC and with 2 days will get  VISA. Now manager is replied i mention below in RED

"There are some unexpected delays for processing the labour clearance. We have currently recruited couple of people and the next clearance process can be started once we complete all formalities of the recruited people. One of the recruited person is stuck in India for the last two weeks for immigration clearance. We expect the all these issues will be resolved by next week end and then apply for your labour clearance."

Guys please share your watsapp number.....

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please do not post your personal contact/mail on the forum.

Hi guys any update for those who are still waiting for Visa? And also to those who have moved already to Oman.

Hey Sora Got Mine last Sunday. Waiting for family Visa. Thanks for asking :par:

Hi Melzein,

U recieved your LC on sunday?

They confirmed any date for VISA?

Regards,
Arun

Dear Narukumar
Normally Visa takes about 5 - 10 days after LC is obtained. For me it took more as I had to renew GAMCA and Ramadan delays.
LC can take anytime between 3-6 months according to people's situations in this post.

Hi sora, melzein Finally got family visa .. Planning to join on 10th August

Hi all ,
i got offer letter from one of the company in Oman , they asked for my original attested documents , GAMCA medical report along with other docs, and getting visa will take approx 3 week time. after two week when i inquired about my visa status i was told visa may process at the end of Aug or in the month of Sept 15, Now my biggest worry is i am on notice period as during the communication from the company i was told that they want me to join by end of July ,is this type of delay is normal in getting employment visa ,

@gulzkhan,

depends on which company are you joining. Most of the participant here waited for more than 4 months for the LC and Visa to be issued by PDO. It is a common practice that you don't resign until you have the visa and ticket issued by your next employer, even if they said that they need you as early as possible. Reason is Visa and LC are controlled by government not by companies.
Anyway, your's probably will come. Its just that its Ramadan season hence there is a shortage of working hours.

guys any updates? it seems everyone is quite.

Hi all,
Freeze on hiring of expats in Oman until Eid
All expat recruitment has been put on freeze by the Ministry of Manpower until after Eid with officials not issuing any new clearances. As of yesterday, the ministry has stopped dealing with any new clearance transactions until the first working day after the Eid Al Fitr holiday, said a reliable source at the ministry. He explained that the decision targets only new clearance transactions. However, those who earlier applied for clearance can proceed to the ministry to follow-up with their request.
Here is the link to this news item:
http://timesofoman.com/article/63633/Om … d-holidays

We are doing business with a company in Oman and now that company wants to issue a manager visa for my brother but the owner said that he wants some kind of letter mentioning skills and qualification of my brother, he said its a requirement for the manager visa.does anyone knows what kind of letter it should be? Please

Hi guys, any updates? Anyone still waiting for LC and/or visa?

machoo wrote:

We are doing business with a company in Oman and now that company wants to issue a manager visa for my brother but the owner said that he wants some kind of letter mentioning skills and qualification of my brother, he said its a requirement for the manager visa.does anyone knows what kind of letter it should be? Please

Hi machoo,

Please do not copy paste your same query across topics in the forum.

I know that this thread is old yet hope to get some clarity. Many stated that it took 3 to 6 months for their LC. I was told that it would take me 3 to 10 days. Does each industry have its own waiting period for clearances or is it the same across the board? (I'm in education).

Hi Netesh,

Labour clearance is dependent entirely on a case-to-case basis. If the applying company has its paperwork all perfectly in place, then the authorities would not stop issuing the clearance within a matter of just a couple of days.

But even if one of the many criteria is not met, then the company would not be able to get the required clearance, until and unless they satisfy the requirements.

This is when companies will try and work around the system, resulting in complications later on for themselves and even more importantly for the new and often unaware and naive employees they end up hiring.