Ovestaying Visa

Hello everyone, Next summer I want to go to the Dominican Republic, I just got back from vacation 2 weeks in Puerto Plata and going again in September another 2 weeks to Santo Domingo. I love it there. My question is I want to move there next summer and stay for a couple years without working there, how much would I have to pay in overstay fees ? How wouild I pay monthly or pay all of it when I go to the airport when I want to return back to the states ? Can I come back to the states legally ?

Thanks,

Juan

You pay overstay fees when you leave.  However staying that long with out residency is going to be harder to do over the next few years.  You may have to renew your tourist visa and or apply for residency.

Currently the fees are for a year (up to  24 months) $8000RD (about $180 US) and for 24 months to 30 months the fee is $9500RD ($212USD)

Bob K

Let's hope the gov't figures out how to set up some longer stay visitor visas!

The gov. is lucky if they can find where the door knob is to their office building.

Hello JRedman

It sounds sad, but as long as you are not an undocumented Haitian, you are free to stay.

Cheers.

Dreamtime you cracked me up!!!!  :D

Finally, someone gets my humor :) Like pulling teeth without novacaine.

Ouch!!!!

Bob K