Converting Saudi reg car to Bahrain reg

Is this possible or even worthwhile?

I have same the same situation any advise

Keep export plates on your Saudi car and bring it over to Bahrain !

Go to the registration office and have it registered :)

It's simple

P.S Having a Bahraini plate is always beneficial as people would respect you when they see it's a Bahraini car , am sure if it's a Saudi plate it would be the other way around specially if you're driving around Exhibition road  :offtopic::dumbom:

Agree with gunners advise.

Better register in Bahrain. You can get your annual paper work done in Bahrain with the least problem. If you keep the Saudi plates in, you will need to go to Saudi Arabia each year for annual registration and related work.

Besides, as gunner says, Bahrain plates are respected in Bahrain's roads.

Saudi plates are feared  :o

what do you mean by "keep export plates on"? I've had my Saudi car for nearly two years. I don't have export plates.

I kind of like being feared on Bahraini roads. Better than being pushed around. :cool:

suburbansam wrote:

what do you mean by "keep export plates on"? I've had my Saudi car for nearly two years. I don't have export plates.

Changing plates from Saudi to Bahraini means you're exporting a car from Saudi Arabia to Bahrain :)

So whenever you wanna export the car to Bahrain , just go to the Traffic Directorate and get plates to export the car !

I realise I'm exporting the car, but as far as Bahrain is concerned, I'm importing it, which is a different story.  I'm not so sure it's as easy as you are making out here. I assume you mean the Traffic Directorate in Manama (wherever that is!) but I'm not sure you have any experience of what might be required on the Saudi side. That's likely to be more problematic perhaps.

Do you have any more details?

suburbansam wrote:

I realise I'm exporting the car, but as far as Bahrain is concerned, I'm importing it, which is a different story.  I'm not so sure it's as easy as you are making out here. I assume you mean the Traffic Directorate in Manama (wherever that is!) but I'm not sure you have any experience of what might be required on the Saudi side. That's likely to be more problematic perhaps.

Do you have any more details?

This is what I found on Bahrain Customs website

http://bna.bh/portal/sites/default/files/customs_11_0.jpg
When importing any type of  motor vehicle (small car, bus, truck, heavy machinery, trailer, or motorcycle),it is important that you follow the procedure outlined below and provide the required documents

Documentation Requirements
In addition to submitting an Import Customs Declaration Form (CDF), you must provide the following :
1. Traffic Technical Inspection (Clearance Certificate must be included)
2. Obtain Inspection License Plate from Traffic Department at the Port which require the following:

Export License Plate
A copy of the vehicle details prepared by the Customs Port
Vehicle insurance certificate
Identification Card

Importation Procedures and Customs Laws
Demurrage charges are accounted for when the vehicle is left within the Customs Points  premises.
Customs duty is collected based on the invoice or on the valuation price determined by Bahrain Customs
Vehicles may be collected only by the owner or an officially authorized party.
U.S manufactured vehicles imported directly from the USA are exempted from customs duty.
Vehicles are exempted from customs duty in the case that a genuine reconciliation is available and is approximately equal to the invoice value or valuation price.
An authorization certificate is required from the General Directorate of Traffic when importing four-wheel tractors and two-wheel motor cycles.

Note
When importing through the sea port or air cargo, a delivery order, bill of lading and a clearance certificate must be included with the customs declaration; only then should the General Directorate of Traffic be approached in order to obtain an authorization certificate.

Demurrage charges at the sea port are collected by the General Organization of Sea Ports.

About the Saudi side , you have to get export plates , and that's it !
Paperwork and some procedures happens in Bahrain as I quoted from Bahrain Customs website !

I have been working in KSA for over 5 years and now have been offered a new job in Manama, Bahrain.

I want to move my furniture and my car over there so would like to know whether it is just easier to sell everything and buy it all again once in Bahrain or try to move it over myself or with some removal companies?

Anybody have any suggestions? My car is about 4 years old and registered in Riyadh. Some people say it's easy to re-register it in Bahrian while others say it isn't.

Would appreciate any current information or if anyone has undergone something similar recently.

I can be reached here: [email protected]

Thanks a lot!

I think you don't need to transfer your car registration from Saudi to Bahrain.
Why you are going to waste your money.

I want keep my car because I like it and will need a car when I start working in Bahrain in a few weeks.

When I leave Saudi Arabia soon, I will need to have sold everything and I am not allowed to have a car ownership in my name.

This is also the reason I must transfer ownership of my car to Bahrain or sell it and buy a new car in Bahrain.

zeeshanakhter2009 wrote:

I think you don't need to transfer your car registration from Saudi to Bahrain.
Why you are going to waste your money.

Better than wasting your time by typing a reply like that!

BillyNoMates has replied with exactly the reason I might face if I move from Saudi to Bahrain.

@Mr. Gunner
I want to export my camry 2011 to bahrain can you tell me  the procedure to export
I have a uae visa
Regards

Sarwar12 wrote:

@Mr. Gunner
I want to export my camry 2011 to bahrain can you tell me  the procedure to export
I have a uae visa
Regards

Hi,

You cannot import a car into Bahrain, if it is more than 5 years old.

http://www.bna.bh/portal/en/news/702363

T&R

@gunner757 is it that easy won't there be any problems as I wanted to transfer my car from Saudi to Bahrain as I got a job in Bahrain

@gunner757 is it that easy won't there be any problems as I wanted to transfer my car from Saudi to Bahrain as I got a job in Bahrain
-@Rahul Dasari

First, check whether the car is more than 10 years old. If it is you cannot import it. - https://www.gdnonline.com/Details/11423 … ars-banned

Go to Bahrain GDT Office and they will tell you the requirements.

-@Rahul Dasari

This has all been discussed on the forums.  In the future, use search.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=658066