What bank do you advice

Hi all.

As I am moving to Gibraltar soon I am looking for a bank for my daily personal banking. Think internet banking, payment and credit card, and low costs but good service. What options are there available and what bank do you think is best?

Also, are there special "reward" credit cards in Gib, where one can get award points and such?

Thank you for your answer!

Best, michiel

There is only one UK High Street bank in Gibraltar and it has been very dificult of late to get an account there due to Barclays and N&P pulling out creating a surge in demand

The Gibraltar International Bank ( Government owned )opened a couple of months ago they offer Internet banking and Debit cards, however prsonally it is a dissaster
They never supplied me with a Digital Key and although they supplied one to my wife, it was deffective.and has not been replaced.
Our debit cards do not work.

They have promised new Digital Keys and new Debit card pins etc, but after a month or more of waiting I am not expecting any progress this year.

Grumpy ( with reason )

Hi,

We too are moving to Gibraltar next week and will need a bank account. What is the name of the remaining UK bank? What about Jyske bank?

I need a basic current account with a debit card

Thanks

Natwest is good for internet banking, and there are two or three branches around Gibraltar.

Sorry missed it out.

Natwest

There are other less well known ( at least in the UK ) but they are generally expensive to have accounts in.

http://www.gibyellow.gi/search-results. … rch=search

The above link is out of date

Barclays may be available if you are Super rich

Lloyds have gone

Grumpy

I'm not super rich.. yet.. so, Natwest it is.

Thanks

If you are not planning on staying long keep you accounts where you have come from :)

If you are from the UK then that won't be a problem.   Not sure about other countries.

Another tip, make sure you get the right tax code.   The tax office is a shambles and if they get it wrong and you pay too much tax - you won't see that money again for over 5 years ??????   

Good Luck :)  you will need it.

Will i get charged using my UK rbs card over here as I want to keep it open?

Steph890151 wrote:

Will i get charged using my UK rbs card over here as I want to keep it open?

No

RBS exists in Gibraltar as Natwest