Marriage.

My boyfriend and I have being together for some time now,his Swedish am African.i have my permanent residency here in Sweden already.my problem is this man is not ready for marriage not to talk of having kids,I don't want just to be his girlfriend,I want us to take things serious but his not ready.help what should I do?

Talk with him gently about it and if he refuses just know u have to quit

My name is Osabohien.I am a Nigerian.I live here in Sweden for almost 2years now and I am married.I live in a small city called Örebro and am married.I am currently studying to be an Undersköterska.I want to meet new friend from the age of 25-30years old.I mean girls like me that we can talk,trust each other,travel and go out together.Since I moved here I missed my social life back home and it's so boring here because it's so hard to make new friends here.Pls contact me or reply me if u are interested.

Hi thanks so much,yes would be gladly to meet friends coz am always bord and just home after school,I just started learning the language so it's a bit hard and slow.have only being here for a year now,am Zambian and live outside Norrköping.my dear have tried to talk to him but he keeps saying the same thing over and over so have stoped now just looking at him.nice to hear from you and thx for caring.

Adah, if I may give you an advice - concentrate on your school and try to get a job to seal your future here. Swedish approach towards marriage is not as conservative as for example in my country and here a visibly higher percentage of relationships are not formal. It explains your boyfriend's lack of need for this kind of obligation while you need something more stable and predictable.
Do your stuff, do not ask for a while, rather try to be less dependant on him. If you love him, want to stay with him in Sweden take up the question again in future if marriage is still very important to you.

Thank you so much dear,that's so kind of you.well spoken ....

Hi Adah,
I hope things are working out well for you. Just saw your post and might be a bit late to comment.

All the best!

Its good Mama,how you?nice to hear from you,its never too late.am glad you kept in touch Thx so much.

Hope to hear more from you soon..

My impression is that Swede people believe less in formalities and more in commitment. I know more than one family where they never married formally but they have kids and are a happy family for many years. Don't feel that the guy is any less committed but try to discuss with him. I would say its a cultural difference so discussion is a good way ahead.

Hi thank you so much,Will try My best Even am forgetting about IT and forces on My school.he seem not for it.

Helloo Dear,

I am Sajjad Ahmed  from Pakistan  and  i can help you to get out from this situation.  u can catch me **** i hope we can be good friends.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
Sajjadkandhro wrote:

Helloo Dear,

I am Sajjad Ahmed  from Pakistan  and  i can help you to get out from this situation.  u can catch me **** i hope we can be good friends.

How exactly can you 'help'?

You're just after her money, aren't I right.

Sajjadkandhro wrote:

Helloo Dear,

You are in Pakistan and want to move to Sweden so exactly how can you help.?????

I suggest that you have ulterior motives in mind. I suggest that you are looking to prey on someone else's vulnerability.

If, however, you do have some concrete information regarding  the topic then please post it here on the forum so others may then benefit from it.

It makes no sense to preach or try to repair the world. I am terribly tired of all that "lovers" forcing into my mail box. I hate being called "baby", "princess" or "sweatheart" by a total stranger.  Especially not after my boxing at the gym. It is not a coincidence that you are not in tune with certain nationalities. The worst is that you perceive entire nation by a couple of jerks. That is really sad. Another irritating thing is the fact that the Swedish forum is a place where the most of people write only about moving to Sweden, divorcing or marying someone hardly known, begging for help in moving to Sweden. Not all but too many. Where are all the people who are thirsty for beer, keen to go bowling or go cycling in Slottskogen 🚲🚲🚲?