Indian National - Moving from Belgium to Netherlands

Hello,

I am an Indian, currently working in Belgium with Work permit (Blue Card) and Schenzen Type-D visa., processed by my Indian Employer. Now I am getting another permanent job offer in a Netherlands company, who shall sponsor my new workpermit /visa. What are all the processes involved in this scenario.

1. I believe that the new work permit be started immediately and go in parallel (still when I work in Belgium) - or the new employer can start the WP only after resign. Please clarify.

2. Should I need  new Visa stamping (my current Shenzen Visa is valid till end of this year), but issued by Belgium consulate.

3. If required, can this stamping happen from here in Belgium/Netherlands itself? or should I go back to India get it stamped and come to Netherland.

Please share your thoughts and also please let me know if something else should also be looked in. Please help. Thanks

1. I believe that the new work permit be started immediately and go in parallel (still when I work in Belgium) - or the new employer can start the WP only after resign. Please clarify.

-> based on my knowledge, your new employer can apply for a work permit while you work here.

2. Should I need  new Visa stamping (my current Shenzen Visa is valid till end of this year), but issued by Belgium consulate.

-> I think you may need a fresh visa to be stamped by consulate of Netherlands, and that visa must be applied based on the new work permit you are going to receive via your new employer.

3. If required, can this stamping happen from here in Belgium/Netherlands itself? or should I go back to India get it stamped and come to Netherland.

-> again, based on my knowledge you may have to apply in your home country. Contacting Netherlands foreign office will get you the exact answer.

Hope this helps.

Aneesh

Hi Ganesh,

One of my friend has a similar situation. Can you please let us know what happened in your case for the work permit at the end?

a. Did your employer applied for new work permit when you were in Belgium ?
b. Did you have to go back to India for applying visa ? etc etc