Insect Repellent in Bali

Hi.

Maybe I move to Bali for a year. Now I read that the Dengue Fever is still a problem there. I never lived in SE Asia so I don't have experience with permanent Insect Repellent.

So how is it working, you have to put every some hours that repellent on your skin? Also every time after swimming? And that every day?

So, the people here that are living in Bali for some years. That is the way you do it? I cannot really imagine to live all the time with Insect Repellent. All day and night.

Thanks.

This is available all over the place.
I use the 'junior' so it doesn't hurt my young and exceptionally sexy, manly skin.

It's an evening/night thing, as the nasty mozzies come out early evening, sucking blood and giving you disease as they wander around.
(Sounds like a girl I knew some years ago)

OK, serious moment - I never get a bite when I use this stuff - it's fantastic (and cheap - just like that girl :D)

http://www.kopega-priok.co.id/minimart/img/p/848-1537-large.jpg

Dengue Fever is a problem allover Indonesia and quite common at the moment as it is mosquito season. They tend to come into the house and start biting at around 6pm. In most restaurants you may get your legs and feet bitten so it is definitely worth using mosquito repellent.

We also use Autan Junior for the children and the Blue similar version for adults.

You can buy a "raket nyamuk" which is like an electric tennis racquet and electrocutes the mosquitoes. There is a loud zap as the mosquito abdomen bursts and the blood gets electrocuted. It is very effective and a bit entertaining and good to have in the house.

Aerosol sprays such a Baygon and Hit are good for spraying directly onto a mosquito to kill it, but we highly recommend using "One Push VAPE" which is a small spray the size of an asthma inhaler, and you give just one press and it kills mosquitoes in a room for about 10 hours. This can be used daily for about 60 times. We normally spray our bedrooms one hour before we go to bed.

You can also try mosquito netting over your bed, but mosquitoes always seem to find a way to get in.

Hi.

Thanks so much for the answers.

That sounds like paradise on earth. Spraying the bedroom every day and protect your self all the time.

Never thought that it's such a big problem there with that mosquito's.

It's mosquito season at the moment. A lot also depends on here you live. If you live near rice fields or drains or anywhere with still water there are more likely to be mosquitoes. If you live in cooler areas then there will be less mosquitoes.

Bluebay21 wrote:

That sounds like paradise on earth. Spraying the bedroom every day and protect your self all the time.

Never thought that it's such a big problem there with that mosquito's.

Hot countries = insect problems.

I get little problem here, but I used to give the bedroom a good spray a few times a week in other houses.
A good blast before a shopping trip means you don't have a stinky bedroom when you get back a few hours later, and you won't see an insect in there for days.