Temporary Residency Permit

Hi,

I am applying for my permit to stay here in Romania under the "reasons not against Romanian laws" clause and the officials are asking me to have a reason to be here. Has anyone had to deal with this? Any clues on what a good reason is other than I love it here, am retired, have money to add to the economy, wont take a job from a Romanian who needs it, have health insurance. I'm not really sure what to answer....

Best Regards,

Paul

hello sir. i had the same problem.they asked me for a reason to stay here i said i want to retire here.they said nope not good enough.my partner which is romanian have been together for 10yrs so they suggested to get married only solution to stay here.so here we are married march 17 2015.  hope this helps

pgermain58 wrote:

Hi,

I am applying for my permit to stay here in Romania under the "reasons not against Romanian laws" clause and the officials are asking me to have a reason to be here. Has anyone had to deal with this? Any clues on what a good reason is other than I love it here, am retired, have money to add to the economy, wont take a job from a Romanian who needs it, have health insurance. I'm not really sure what to answer....

Best Regards,

Paul

Common reasons that are valid for obtaining a "permis de sedere" are
1. Studying at university
2. Working for someone
3. Married to a Romanian or Family Reunification
4. You invest a million euros here or create 100+ jobs.
5. Religious activities that are recognized and approved.

Aside from these reasons, being a retired person that just wants to stay in Romania "just because" so to speak, indeed it may be problematic.  You may need to discuss this with a qualified Romanian immigration lawyer.

well number 4 is out of the question
im not religious number 5 is out
study   to old to study
prefer to work alone
ah  family reunification thats the ticket

Thank you for your response, I will look into it!

Congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

What if you're applying for research purposes and can support yourself through freelance work? Part of my reason for going to Romania is research for a book.

carrielefey wrote:

What if you're applying for research purposes and can support yourself through freelance work? Part of my reason for going to Romania is research for a book.

Nope, don't think so.  Staying in Romania based on research means scientific research with is approved by the National Administration for Scientific Research. 

Being a freelancer, which would mean registering a as PFA or something, I think also would not qualify, but you'd have to check with the authorities. (or perhaps another EB member knows about that for certain).

I'm not conducting scientific research. It's historical.

You can also obtain temporary residency by creating a SRL business and appoint yourself the administrator. You will need to renew it annually for the first 5 years, then subsequent permits are issued on a 5 year basis.

Unfortunately, Romanian immigration authorities are completely clueless, as are the people at the national health insurance place. I too inquired about the "reasons that don't contravene Romanian law" and they simply said NO. When asked why, their response was that they don't know what it means. It's actually pretty clear, and wanting to retire in Romania is the perfect example. I have enough money, I am not taking from your job pool/benefits etc and I want to stay. First year, a woman at the immigration office gave us the wrong instructions to obtain residency, when we returned with everything the guy asked us why we did such and such. We said, well your colleague told us, he asked who, and was like ohhhh, don't listen to her. The simplicity/speed of obtaining a permit truly depends on where you are from here in Romania, and this comes from their mouths directly...

i hear you my friend   there is no communication between workers we had the same problem after going to Bucharest for a 3rd time she said oh did you get this form... we said the lady next to you said we only need this form  she said ah i never listen to her you should have come to me. it stems from bad management or having no management at all . these ladies think they have no one to answer to the feel very empowered and treat you like ******.
this goes to a lot of businesses here in brasov there is no management there behind them to crack the whip when they screw up.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : profanity is prohibited here
dobeonguard wrote:

I too inquired about the "reasons that don't contravene Romanian law"; and they simply said NO. When asked why, their response was that they don't know what it means.

That's not a legal basis then to deny a residence permit.  They need to stop being lazy and learn the law that they are supposed to uphold and enforce; of course that would mean sacrificing a obligatory cigarette/coffee break or two. :)

yes you are right.  i always say a well informed employee is a productive employee.  an idol mind is the devils tool