Gachibowli social network

Hi, I have moved from UK 2 months ago and living in a Gachibowli area.  I am suffering from 'expat blues' as day to day life is so difficult in India. Basic things like connecting wifi to opening a bank account are proving to be very difficult tasks needing extensive documentation (I think applying to MI6 would have been easier!).
Any one who has already gone through all these who can give me some helpful tips? 
I am also looking to join some social activities to get to know like-minded people, so any information on that would really help.
Thank you.

Hello Pratixa,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Cheers,

Priscilla

Thank you Priscilla. Are you living in Hyderabad?

Hi Pratixa - if i can allow myself please know that Priscilla is part of the Expat.com Team :)

Hi Pratixa, Yes Hyderabad can be a frustrating experience. I have been here a year and it does get easier, but it is interesting to hear that locals have exactly the same gripes. I think the frustration wanes as we get used to the situation here. I gave up opening a bank account, which makes it difficult to pay most things as they nearly always want online payments, but it works for me.
As for wifi, I have Beamtele which is good enough, but the router they recommend is less than useful a flat larger than a shoebox. PAYG Sim cards were also hard to get, but you can get them through a local friend same with gas bottles. The one thing I have not yet found is a decent bottle of red. Perseverance is the key, just about everyone is friendly and willing to help.
Must go now as my wash machine packed up and the repair chap is coming, now how do you say, "knackered" in hindi?
Best Wishes.

Thank you :)  I have signed up for Beam wifi.  Lets hope it is delivered soon.  Luckily, I have had a SIM card from my employer so that made the life lot easier.  My TV is connected so atleast I can forget about my worries and watch some TV. 
Hope your washing machine gets fixed soon as well  Just say 'washing machine bigad gaya hai, jaldi fix karo' :/

Hi Pratixa I stay near Gachibowli if you have any difficulties regarding anything call me , i will solve it. my number is 9971538863

Regards

Teja

Teja007 wrote:

Hi Pratixa I stay near Gachibowli if you have any difficulties regarding anything call me , i will solve it. my number is 9971538863

Regards

Teja

:lol: I guess you are a washing machine mechanic, So you will travel from delhi to Hyderabad to fix the machine, Good Luck !!

Pratiksha,

Welcome to Hyderabad

Hello,

I have just shifted to Gachibowli and this area seems dead to me.... could you help me with the following:
1) A good parlour :P ?
2) Are there any activities around that one could indulge in? some cooking workshops or something?
3) places to hangout besides inorbit?

There are many places. Depends on your interest. Good restaurants that I liked were "Nautanki Gali" and 70 mm from Ohr's besides Avasa and Barbeque nation.

Cheers
Rana

Better Try private banks there service and customer satisfaction is good...!

I'm from Hyderabad and I can relate. Lol - "How do you say 'knackered' in Hindi?" made me laugh. Do I sense a Brit?

i am an indian, need any help

Hi,

How are u doing, I'm from Hyderabad too, lot of groups on FB for acitvities and also outside, lets get connected and i will get you connected with the groups

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : please do not post your phone number on the forum