Bus passes for tourists/future expats

hey all 
if your intending to start  a new life in malta may i strongly suggest you apply for a https://www.tallinja.com before arrival
they have updated the website so you should be able to apply from home with password and get it delivered before arrival

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … ome.576147

Plus at only a 6euro postage charge to UK, no excuses really.
Brings the cost back down to 6.50 a week if using for are there a month and above. Ours are ordered

Do they give an estimation how long it will take to get to the UK?

They say give it two weeks

As Rob says they say 2 weeks, but if I have learnt anything from my experience of Malta and reading on here. They will turn up when they turn up :)

In Malta time 2 weeks is anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years.

we got ours in 5 weeks in Malta, but it was right at the start of the scheme so they would have been very busy then. surprisingly they worked first time with no problems.

Don' beleive what they tell you. I have been waiting for my Eresidency I.D. Card now since 05.January. 2015

This is bus passes not e- residence cards and if I were you I would go to Evans building in person with ID and see if yours is available ( assuming you applied in Malta ) Gozo then you need to go to that office

Mine took a few weeks my landlord spoke to his buddy at the office  they were on 24 hour shifts to catch up with the backlog (eresidency I mean last year)

I have been to Evan Building on numerous occasions i.e. 6  / 8 times without success. I have tried to phone the 3 available telephone numbers at Evans Building every day Monday to Friday for the last 3 / 4 months. I have sent several emails to to the email address at Evans Building, I know the difference between a Tallinja Bus Pass which i already have and a e residency card which I have not got. I know the system here because I have been coming here for 25 years before I came to live here last October, My wife and I applied for the e residency I.D. Card at the same time on 05.January,2015. and she received her card at the beginning of April. What else do you suggest me to do.

sorry, i didnt know you had such an issue  it just seems an incredibly long time even for malta when i know people who applied a couple of months back and have recieved their cards already so i dont think there is a backlog
im wondering if they have lost your application ?

Rob, I don't mean to sound antagonistic but I received a reply from Evans Building Offices about 5 weeks ago telling me that I had filled my application wrong and I was rejected. It turned out that they sent forms back to me telling me that I filled the wrong forms in the majority of the forms were my wife's application forms but she was already in receipt of her I.D. Card. So I submitted all the application forms, Bank Statementsand, Photo's and Copies of everything and that was 5 weeks ago and this is why I am a bit irate. I am sorry I am a bit short. I know you have to wait in Malta but this is taking the Micky a bit especially when they have admitted making a mistake with the application

Yes I can understand why you would be irate - I would be too

Has anyone else had trouble registering on this website? I applied for cards for the kids no problem but when I try to do it for either myself or my husband an error message comes up. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet.

InNeedOfChange wrote:

Has anyone else had trouble registering on this website? I applied for cards for the kids no problem but when I try to do it for either myself or my husband an error message comes up. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet.

You probably won't get a response to your email other than a computer generated acknowledgement.
You would be more likely to get a response by going on to their Facebook page and kicking up a stink in public!

Ray

Thanks, it's a pain. We are in Ireland and going to Malta at the end of September so was hoping to have it them by then, I'm not sure that if that was me being extremely optimistic or not  :/