My obvious choice is Namibia

Hi guys,

I'm a 39yr old single mother of 3 kids, and I'm looking to start a new life for me and my kids.  My obvious choice is Namibia, and if I can't get right with it, then it's off to N-Zealand for us.

I need advice on where to start with the application process, which area is better to stay and to raise kids, and where can I search for jobs?  I was in sales for a few years, was a bookkeeper for the last 10 years, but needed a change in career and I started with a private investigations company helping with private investigations.

The ideal place I'm looking for, is definitely NOT city life.  It must be a smallish place, very safe and lots of open space, yet close enough to the shops where you can buy your daily veg, bread and milk.  Does this 'heaven' I have in mind even exist?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Niki

Hi Niki,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Namibia forum for a better visibility ;)

Hi Niki,

The problem with Namibia is that they are very strict about allowing foreigners to stay and work here.  You need to have an "in" here, a job already set up which will supply a work visa, for example.  Your children will also need study visas, which I have heard, can also be troublesome. 

I do not mean to dishearten you, just telling the truth.  Please feel free to ask me any more specific questions you may have.

Please share more **** I am also a single mother if two who just moved here and is running my own business.  Its not that difficult to apply for work permit. Also I am looking for help with my company as well.   Perhaps we can work together.
Best regards

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : share your personal details in private pls

Hi,

I would recommend Swakopmund! Small town but not too small, and very safe for kids.

Best of luck!
Deb