Moving to Bahrain - schools

We are moving to Bahrain in October and I need advice on how to enrol my 2 children into school there. We are looking at the British school of Bahrain ideally - but have heard there could be a waiting list and they will need to take an entrance exam. I can not contact the school as they have broken up for summer holidays. I assume it's the same scenario with St Christopher. Are there other suitable schools? Any advice gratefully received! We are hoping to live in budaiya. Many thanks.

Hey helena

Yeah these are the best schools u need to wait til the school re opens or else i wil contact few and let you know

Thank you

HI,

How old are your children?  The 2 main British Curriculum schools which take children all the way through until they are 18 are British School of Bahrain ( [email protected], http://www.britishschoolbahrain.com/enr … plication/) and St Christophers ([email protected]).  There is also Nadeen school (I think that's the right name) which can take children up to the end of primary.  I think that the new Capital school also follows the British Curriculum but I have no real knowledge of it!

In all cases you do need to contact them to get on waiting lists etc.  You might find it worth emailing since they may work limited hours rather than closing for the holidays.  I know that administration stays open at BSB throughout the summer (other than for Eid - so I would assume that there will be no-one available until 26th July!).

We applied to both The British School of Bahrain and St Christophers, my son (6) started at The British School of Bahrain in April where he is very happy.

Hope this helps

S

The admin offices are open during the hols but there is no way for you to take the school tests as they are usually sent to your head teacher in your current country. Admin are open around 8 - 12pm Sun - Thu.

Making a move overseas needs to be planned well in advance. Complete the online application forms or email both schools to see if they have vacancies. Other option is your husband moves here and you follow after Christmas and join the January term.

What about the Capital School ? Any reviews about that ? I logged on to their website and they have a number of teachers who used to be at the British School.