Hepatitis b

hi,
  I am new to Oman, recently during my medical test for visa I came to know that I am hbsag positive and I got unfit stamp. Previously we resided in Qatar. I met doctor and he said I am a health carrier with hbeag negative and very low viral load. He also given me a letter addressing to ministry of health stating that I am a health carrier and not infectious. My husband got his resident visa but for me and my kid we are planning to apply. As per your knowledge do you guys think this will work?

Hello roshsabi.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope the other members will help you soon.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi Roshsabi...

The medical test in Oman will involve blood tests for HBSAg surface antigen. In Dubai, they have removed tests for Hep B, but I believe in Oman they still follow the old rules....

I couldnt find any government websites in Oman explaining the exact implications for healthy carriers, here is a link to the Dubai health care requirements.

http://www.haad.ae/haad/tabid/1200/Default.aspx

Thanks,

Rammy

Hi rammy,
     I know that Dubai has recently removed this test but my quiery is can I apply with doctor letter for my visa and is there any possibility of getting family visa for me.

Hi Roshsabi,

Technically Yes, but I am not qualified to give information on such circumstances....

Anything, pertaining to medical, unless certified as "fit" will not help. Even though if its a letter from an authenticated doctor.

Hello,

I was shocked when the results is reactive with hepa b but i went to the Dr. It found out i have this chronic hepa b inactive which i am healthy and no signs and symptoms. My HBeAg is non reactive which the virus is not replicating my SGOT and SGPT are normal and my titer test is higher to combat the viruses in my body. I was frustrated with results and ruined my dreams to teach special kids out there in oman. Anyone can help me? What should I do? Any alternatives in persuing my dreams in working in Oman? The clinic unfit me. Anyone can take advices?

dear sir
i got the job in omen but i need to know what medical report need for omen visa plz let me know

thank you

what madicel report need

Hello..are you in oman now??? Please reply thankyou in advance.

@Bureche06 > to whom are you addressing your message? Please note that this is an old topic. Thank you.

Awts..  To roshsabi...

Hlo
Juz read ur post now..i would like to know if they will issue visa in qatar for visit visa extention if hep b positive

Your HepB antibodies should be 10+ go to government clinic and ask them to check for HepB Igg + HepB antibodies and provide the result to Dubai Health Authority

Will this help?

I am hepatitis b positive Nurse though I don't have any signs and symptoms,can I apply for registration with Oman Nursing council?will their embassy offer me Visa.What about UAE and Dubai , please I also need help about UAE and Dubai as regards hepatitis b positive Nurse working in those countries.
Greetings

Unfortunately, the gulf nations including Saudi Arabia are a bit backwards when it comes to this and in tackling work health discrimination. 

I'd suggest that you make sure your virals are low this can be easily done by meds, also get a fit to work letter from your doctor and send it to the ministry of health government.

They can either allow you to work as normally as people do in the western countries or they can do what they do, the majority of the time and deport and ban you. 

Though I love these nations, however when it comes to work discrimination on your health. I would suggest you avoid the gulf middle east nations and Saudi Arabia.

Go to the US or Europe, they are more open-minded and don't have this work discrimination enforced, you'd be able to work with hep b and receive treatment without deportation as a nurse in the west.

I hope this helps in some way.