Bergen op Zoom --> Anyone else is living?

Hi everyone,

we are a German-Japanese couple just recently came to "Bergen op Zoom". My wife and me looking for people can hang out around this area. We were wondering if anyone else is living near here and looking for some people as well. We are also very glad in case we can learn a bit Dutch on that way. We are speaking English, German, Japanese.

So far, so good... looking forward to anyone's mail.

Best,
Dennis + Mami

Hi, what is "Bergen op Zoom"? curious

Hi Denis,

Welcome to expat-blog!

A new topic was created from your post for better visibility, on the Netherlands forum, hope this might be helpful.

-------------

Hi  linvern99,

Here is Bergen op Zoom, you will find out more.

Thank you,

David.

hi linvern99 "Bergen op Zoom" its one of the village in netherland i dint know if its big or small village

linvern99 wrote:

Hi, what is "Bergen op Zoom"? curious

Actually Bergen op Zoom is a city - it received its City Rights sometime between 1198 and 1212.

I worked for a company there once, ages ago when I still lived in the Netherlands. :)

Hey everyone!
thx for your answeres and curiousness :P
Bergen op Zoom is a nice little city with approx. 60.000 citizen.

It is just boring sometimes especially for my wife because she has not found a job yet.

But as I suspected it is not that easy to find someone in such area.

I visited there two years ago, what a beautiful city! Have you been out to the woods yet!? I took a nice hike through them, just beautiful!

Best of luck with everything!

Scott

heya!

this thread is a couple of months old, but i just got on here so im still going to reply! lol. i live in bergen op zoom, recently moved here. originally from the philippines. :D

Hi there,
If somebody is looking for a company in Bergen op Zoom then it seems im not alone:)

Hello JoannaPL,

Please note that this is an old thread from 2013 :( .

I invite you to either create a new topic or participate on more recent threads on the Netherlands forum.

Best of luck, :)
Bhavna

Hi
I'm also living in Bergen op Zoom (actually Halsteren) for a month and a half and haven't made any friends here yet. The only people I deal with are my room mates but they don't go out... I hate to be locked at home. I have a bicycle to ride around and know a bit more of the area. My wife is German Canadian, and I'm Portuguese that knows a few words of Japanese!
I'm in the Netherlands because of work, I'm away from my family but always in contact.
I'm looking forward to make friends here which would easy the pain of being away and fulfill my need of meeting new people because that's my nature.
If you wanna meet for coffee that's would be awesome and we could talk!
Take care
Bruno

Hi
Nope, you're not alone... I'm in the same situation! 

I've been here for a month and a half and always alone lol

Hi Bruno, coffee sounds nice!

Does Saturday sound good? Anyone else wanna join us?

In the morning?  :D

Hello

I am new in Bergen op Zoom, I would like to know if there some expats in the city down for a meeting.