Is it hard to find a job in SEO and Wordpress?

Hey guys?

I want to work in Denmark,But how could i work there?i am a Chinese girl.
I work in SEO and Wordpress,also i work in Business Trading,in english.

Hope you can help?
Is it hard to find a  job in denmark about SEO and Wordpress?
I am good at SEO.I can bring benefits for the country.:)

Maggie with thanks!

Hi Maggie

Hard, but not impossible I would say. Your lack of Danish language skills will certainly be a barrier, though some of the larger companies have adopted English as their company language.

Many people who work in SEO and web design are self-emplyed, and it's pretty competetive.

Good luck
Tom Griffiths

My answer to you is unfortunately not as rosy as the first one you've got.

Your only possibility to come to Denmark is via the green card scheme.
You can read about it here:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … scheme.htm

Read the text thoroughly because this is an official site and therefore things are said very diplomatically between the lines. Please note especially this paragraph:
At present, the demand for foreign labour is generally limited. However, certain sectors request highly qualified foreign professionals. Please note that good Danish language skills are often a condition for success in the Danish work market.

Coming here is for sure associated with a certain amount of money, but you'll not have the same certainty of getting a job or a living. It will be a lottery with a big risk to draw a blank. You must take this into consideration.

A little statistic:
55 - 65 % of the green card takers comes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Iran. Two out of three don't apply for an extension when their green card runs out. About 70 % will never find a job, or they will go into low-paid unskilled jobs. 40 % will earn less than 200,000 Kr. a year which is a very low level in this country. Some people joke with the term green card as they call it clean card!

To obtain a green card your qualifications shall be at least on a bachelor level. Therefore the income shall equal to the Danish starting average wages for new graduates which are 319,725 Kr. in 2015-prices. This to securing a fair competition and  proper working conditions and pay. The income demand of the first year is 50,000 Kr.

You have a fine education, and I will guess that your chances for making a career is better in China than in Denmark. The companies here get many job applications when they seek for a new employee, and compared to the locals, you'll be handicapped as you don't speak the language.

I will definitely advise you not to come unless you have a job in hand before coming, especially when you have a job in your own country where you can use your skills. I am sorry to discourage you, but I think it's better to know in advance instead of being taken by surprise when first here.  :)

Hi Tom,thanks for your reply.

:) Anyway,i will try my best to work the best at my country,and so can cooperate with Danish customers:)
Then we can have chances to communicate and improve.

No give up!
Thank you
Maggie

Thank you so much!

Obviously,it's better to stay in China and work to the best for my country:)

Maggie

I am sure it is the best decision you could take. Best luck for your future.

Nellie Berg wrote:

My answer to you is unfortunately not as rosy as the first one you've got.

Your only possibility to come to Denmark is via the green card scheme.
You can read about it here:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … scheme.htm

Read the text thoroughly because this is an official site and therefore things are said very diplomatically between the lines. Please note especially this paragraph:
At present, the demand for foreign labour is generally limited. However, certain sectors request highly qualified foreign professionals. Please note that good Danish language skills are often a condition for success in the Danish work market.

Coming here is for sure associated with a certain amount of money, but you'll not have the same certainty of getting a job or a living. It will be a lottery with a big risk to draw a blank. You must take this into consideration.

A little statistic:
55 - 65 % of the green card takers comes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Iran. Two out of three don't apply for an extension when their green card runs out. About 70 % will never find a job, or they will go into low-paid unskilled jobs. 40 % will earn less than 200,000 Kr. a year which is a very low level in this country. Some people joke with the term green card as they call it clean card!

To obtain a green card your qualifications shall be at least on a bachelor level. Therefore the income shall equal to the Danish starting average wages for new graduates which are 319,725 Kr. in 2015-prices. This to securing a fair competition and proper working conditions and pay. The income demand of the first year is 50,000 Kr.

You have a fine education, and I will guess that your chances for making a career is better in China than in Denmark. The companies here [link under review] job applications when they seek for a new employee, and compared to the locals, you'll be handicapped as you don't speak the language.

I will definitely advise you not to come unless you have a job in hand before coming, especially when you have a job in your own country where you can use your skills. I am sorry to discourage you, but I think it's better to know in advance instead of being taken by surprise when first here.  :)

Great one, agreed with you.

Hi williamsu,

You have commented on an outdated post. However, thank you for your comment.

/Nellie