Moving to Nairobi

Hi I have got a job in Nairobi and am looking to move by April end with my wife and baby daughter.
Although I have been there as a tourist, I have no idea about anything over there. I am looking for

a 2BHK house hopefully semi furnished in Westlands (budget is between 600-800 USD) near an Indian community.

a car preferably toyota vitz

furniture right from 2 sets of beds & mattresses, TV, cooking range, sofa set, cupboards,, refrigerator,

Connection on Cable Channels which shows Indian channels

Also, can someone give me the basic monthly cost of living on the daily commodities.

Internet packs like a wi-fi router. which is best for downloading and with unlimited internet for the month alongwith the cost.

I will ask as I remember again

ankeetsinha wrote:

Hi I have got a job in Nairobi and am looking to move by April end with my wife and baby daughter.
Although I have been there as a tourist, I have no idea about anything over there. I am looking for

a 2BHK house hopefully semi furnished in Westlands (budget is between 600-800 USD) near an Indian community.

a car preferably toyota vitz

furniture right from 2 sets of beds & mattresses, TV, cooking range, sofa set, cupboards,, refrigerator,

Connection on Cable Channels which shows Indian channels

Also, can someone give me the basic monthly cost of living on the daily commodities.

Internet packs like a wi-fi router. which is best for downloading and with unlimited internet for the month alongwith the cost.

I will ask as I remember again

Please read the informative posts in the forum categories section on the right hand side of this page.

For accommodation go to the green banner top of this page and click on housing. For cars click on classifieds in the green banner. 
For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

Congrats on your new job.
So for a 2BR semi furnished house along westlands; I would recommend you join a group on Facebook where real estate agent post houses for sale and you can also post your request and get lots of relevant responses.
- facebook.com/groups/Nanianahama/885092814889260/?notif_t=group_activity

For Furniture check
- furniturerama.co.ke/

For Internet connectivity, you can contact the local Wifi and Cable tv providers Zuku. - zuku.co.ke

I hope that will help you a bit.

Thank you so much. I have heard that Zuku is not that good though. Any idea?

There is Zuku for Internet and TV then there is DSTV for TV. You can also find houses for rent and for buying at kejahunt.com

Hi, did you find an apartment?

Hi shiuri,

Welcome on board :)

If you are house hunting I will suggest you to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Nairobi section please :)

Thank you

Maximilien