Dependent visa

Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and living and working in Belgium company in Ghent, Belgium since Mar-2015. I am getting married in this Jul month and so I was planning to apply for dependent visa for my spouse after the marriage. But when I checked the required documents then I got confused on "Live together" requirements which is specified on their immigration website. We haven't lived together yet but obviously after the marriage. So if I apply for dependent visa within a few days after the marriage then I don't know what type of proof they are asking for and how many months long minimum ?

Thanks in advance.

// Prashant

Hello

You need to apply for family reunion visa. You need to get a marriage certificate and get that document apostilled from MEA. This proof should be sufficient

You also need a invitation letter signed from town hall, they have standard form for that..
in past they also asked for leglaized Birth certificate which has been issued not more than 6 month old..i think they still ask for it...if you have old certificate you can just get it stamped at the issuing authority with current date and then legalized...
Processing time  can be sometime longer (6-8 weeks or even more) if they send visa file to brussels ministry...

The 'lived together' clause is generally for registered partners and people who are in long term relationships (but unmarried). This is asked to make sure that the relationship is genuine and not faked for visa purposes. It could be asked if a marriage is suspected to be a 'marriage of convenience'.

In your case, and as in most cases - just apply with your apostilled marriage certificate. Send your certificate to the MEA delegated VFS office in Nehru Place in New Delhi. This VFS office charges a fee and gets your certificate apostilled in a day or two.

Thank you so much for the clarification. Yes, as you suggested I will apply for it, once I receive the marriage certificate and then will apply for the dependent visa.

Thank you much once again :)