PREGNANT in Sohar: Recommended Hospital + O&G

Hi all,

I'm in my first trimester and just arrived in the country few months ago.
Have been researching for reviews for hospitals in Sohar, but to no available.

Would appreciate if anyone of you could share some insights on hospitals that provide maternity and delivery care in Sohar. I've been to one of the hospitals for my first checkup.
Yet, little information was given on what's happening next.
I asked for written information of the antenatal plan- but, to no available.

If anyone could also share me about the antenatal care process- would be great.
One of the nurses had asked me to get a Green Book from one of the Polyclinics in Sohar- in which she doesn't even have the idea where.

Having a written information about this maternity/antenatal procedures in this country would be great for us expat- as I'm feeling clueless at this moment.

Would really appreciate for your kind help.
Thanks.

well we had this experience in Sohar. we consulted doctor in Alreffah hospital and gany doctors are very competent. regarding green card every area have it own local poly clinic usually refer as Medical Centre. In reffah they issued us green card and then we took it to our local centre to get it registered. it is really easy

Hi liverpoolfc,

Thank you so much for your helpful advice.

So, basically Alraffah will provide you with the Green Card. Did you get the card on your first appointment? Could you please share with me the medical centre that you went to for the registration? I live nearby Alraffah Hospital.

If it is ok for you- which O&G are you seeing for the Antenatal care?

Awaiting your kind response.
Many thanks..!