Registration for EU citizens - any recent experience?

I am an EU citizen and I will be staying in Hungary long-term, so need to apply for a Registration Card (Regisztrációs kártya) and Address Card (Lakcímkártya).

Has anyone done this recently? I want to avoid making too many trips to the office, but I find lots of conlficting information out there. For example, what exactly do you need? Financial proof, passport, rental agreement. I have them. But some sources say you need other things (passport-szied photos, health insurance, even 1000 HUF payment made at the post office), while others are silent about this....

Oh, and finally, where is the exact address of the office for Budapest? I have seen different ones thrown about.

* The official website tries to help, but you can tell they have created it in Hungarian first and just translated into English rather like an automaton, which makes it hard to follow.... And I still don't know if I should book an appointment on the website or just turn up!

I am looking for same. I need to import my car into Hungary and am told that I need both address card and tax registration.

I did this fairly recently and took along all of the things you listed. The photos were not really necessary for me but other e nationalities may need them. The money element was buying a stamp. Also it is worth taking a Hungarian speaker with you. I paid my guy for his time. There is confusion 're which office to go to and as far as I know I had to go to the office responsible for the district I live in .

Thanks for that helpful advice. Can you tell me the exact address of where you went?

Sorry my Hungarian friend dealt with all the details.

Going through this process myself at the moment

You need to get one of these Eu health insurance cards (Its free) This covers the health insurance.  http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare … -ehic.aspx

Your signed lease agreement (which proves your address)

Your passport

A copy of a recent bank statement (proving you have the means to survive financially and wont be a burden on the state)

Hope this is of some help.

Took the below from an expat news site. I was at the office for at least five hours so be prepared

The first step is to purchase a 1000 HUF money stamp from any post office nearby.

Prepare the following documents to take them with you.

Statement of permission to stay in your residential property, from the land owner. A signed tenancy agreement is acceptable.
A photo ID such as passport or driving license.
Bank statement showing sufficient funds to support your stay.
EHIC health card (for UK residents) or proof of health insurance coverage
szemelyi BLOGVisit the Office of Immigration and Nationality at 1117. Budapest, XI. district, Budafoki út 60 and ask for an application form for Lakcímkártya at the information point.

Complete the application form and deliver it to the information point with your documents

Pay the 1000 HUF money stamp to the information point.

The next step is to collect your service ticket and wait for further assistance while your case is processed. This is usually completed on the spot but you may have to wait for an hour.

When your ticket is serviced you will receive an official registration card (Regisztrációs Igazolás)

The residence card (Lakcímkártya) will be sent by postal mail to your residence address in Hungary.

The point I was making with this thread is that the information out there is confusing. So I wanted to hear from real people where you go, for example. I do not think it is so helpful to cut and paste from the internet, and this is shown by the fact that there is conflicting evidence from the same poster (although we are very grateful for your helpful contributions, Anns!!):

"There is confusion 're which office to go to and as far as I know I had to go to the office responsible for the district I live in ."

"Visit the Office of Immigration and Nationality at 1117. Budapest, XI. district, Budafoki út 60"

Sumarokov wrote:

;There is confusion "re which office to go to and as far as I know I had to go to the office responsible for the district I live in"

Visit the Office of Immigration and Nationality at 1117. Budapest, XI. district, Budafoki út 60"

I thought it was:

EU/EFTA:  local district
Others: Immigation