J-2 Visa/ Residence permit and eligibility to work

Hi All, Here, I am again with a query.

I have got a J-2 Visa and have applied for Permanent Registration with Migration Police in Astana. I understand that I get a Permanent Registration within a week and thereafter, I have to apply for "Permanent Residence Card". Once I get this card, I do not need seperate Work Permit to do any job in Kazakhstan.

Anyone here to validate my understanding?

My query would be: Do I have to really wait till the time I get  "Permanent Residence Card" to start working? or, can i join work straight with my J2 Visa (as it is going to take another 67 days, yes! 67 to get that "Permanent Residence Card" if everything goes well)?

Thanks!

Some update on this: The Officer verbally informed me that I can start working if the employer is ready to give me work on the basis of Permanent registration letter. It took a week's time to get the permanent registration from the date of application. On the next date of getting permanent registration, I applied for Residency card which will be ready in a month's time. :)

Sadly, finding a job is going to be a tough job for me. :(

While your question and topic is legal it has a foundation in the motivation and ability to get things done by the manager or employer. I worked for the state with a school that bears the president's name so we rarely ran into issues. Still, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you are current and legal to work in KZ. When you find a job and get set in, talk to other employees and expats to compare paperwork. You should have an immigration card with two stamps and be registered locally with the police. WATCH THE DATES CAREFULLY. Don't assume because your employer has everything set that the paperwork is correct. Some want to keep your immigration card on file but a copy will do. Keep your original and staple it in your passport. That's what I've done for two years. Good luck!